Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes as planned, sometime tomorrow (Friday, June 21) I will take my Vulcan Vaquero for a last, 40 minute ride down to a dealership where I will trade it in on a (used) Can-Am Spyder.

This will make me sad. I loved that big-a$$ Vulcan about as much as a guy can love such an inanimate device, and riding it was always as much fun as you could ask for from the sport we all love. But it's big, it's heavy - even topheavy, as Kawasaki cruisers tend to be - and as the years pile up upon my shoulders I have to face the fact that I really can't handle it confidently any more, at least not all the time.

So I'm trying out the three-wheel solution, to see if that puts the ease and enjoyment back into the sport I have so enjoyed over the last 50-plus years.

Wish me luck, friends, if you please. See you at the rallies!

·
Administrator
16,370 Posts
Good luck Mike. Be sure to post some pictures.

Reactions: BearBait

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
Best of luck,Mike. Hope it puts the fun back in riding for you without any pain and worries.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
59,391 Posts
Whatever is safest and you can still keep your knees in the breeze is alright by me Mike. It hurt me deeply seeing you laying on the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
A good friend has a Spyder and loves it, they handle great! Good luck with your new ride!

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Wishing you luck Mike on your next journey of memories miles!!!Be safe and post up new bike pixs.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Enjoy Mike !

·
Super Moderator
21,380 Posts
nice to see you'll be back on the road regularly again...can only imagine how much you missed riding. Best of luck with the new ride, can't wait to see it at the rally.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Glad you are making a safe, even if hard, decision to trade in two wheels for three.
Enjoy the new ride!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts