Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a great day yesterday...hit low 80's here in Ct...and considering the lack of riders out Saturday, also a nice day for riding, seemed like someone told every rider in Ct it is ok to be out riding...so sunday...mc's everywhere...even saw a group ride of 3 wheelers or whatever the correct term is for those mc's are...anyone?...made the mistake of stopping at some garden center to see what they have, and before I could actually enter the grounds, I realized I didn't have my mask, so got back on the ride and made a mental note to put one in my saddlebag...strange times these are...still a great day to ride, hope you all took advantage...looks like 50's will be returning this week...with maybe 40's next weekend...yep...things that make one go hmmmmmm...such is the way we new englanders live...have a good week all.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I got out too on Saturday after the chores were done. It was great.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Yesterday Mike and I took a favorite local loop of about about 95 miles.

For giggles, we counted how many other riders we encountered along the route. Just the riders we waved to, not including bikes seen parked at gas stations, roadside picnic areas, etc.

The final count: 82.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I was out with Mark 1 and a few other riders on Saturday and we rode 250 miles. Weather was not the best maybe 60 and mostly cloudy. We cut short our intended destination as the radar was indicating that was not a good way to go to stay dry. Sunday was much better I was out by myself for some riding, social distance visits with beer and rode about 125 miles. The best ride of the season so far weather wise Sunny and 70 F I only have about 700 miles this season so far :( We would be riding in Athens Ohio this week if it wasn't for the virus and border closing. The only good thing about it being cancelled is the weather isn't going to be great this week there either!

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wife just informed me chance of the white stuff this weekend...personally I think she's nutz...40's maybe...and still rideable temps so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
wife just informed me chance of the white stuff this weekend...personally I think she's nutz...40's maybe...and still rideable temps so we'll see.
I would never say she is lying, but I would say she is giving you a mistruth. Mother's day it may rain... Maybe you have something special that no one else could give her and she wants you to hang around the house?

LOVE YOU BARB!

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would never say she is lying, but I would say she is giving you a mistruth. Mother's day it may rain... Maybe you have something special that no one else could give her and she wants you to hang around the house?

LOVE YOU BARB!
no...she truly believes it...poor soul...don't know where she gets these forecasts from...she's getting worse as she ages...every thing is always the extreme... I hear chance of showers...she hears heavy rains...as for moms day...she has to work... shame... looks now like 50's...looks like I'll be out cruising for the both of us.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the wifey out for a nice 2 hr ride. It was in the lower 70s with a sweeet breeze. I got a nice " thank you" when we got home. The BIG payoff was that she didn't cook that night.🤣🤣😂😂
have to give credit to my wife lately for the efforts she has been making trying out new dishes...she's always enjoyed cooking, and with this confined to the immediate area scenario we are in, she has been spending a lot of time w/her library of cook books searching for new meals...using me as the guinea pig...no complaints either...have to say the meals have been quite good...unfortunately I'm adding inches to the waistline faster than the Titanic took on water...still not complaining...of course nothing comes w/o a price...I get to clean up the disaster in the kitchen when she's done cooking...now I'm going to complain.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
It's been pretty much perfect riding weather out here in Arizona since I came out in mid-March. Now it's actually getting hot with days in the 90"s (Phoenix has been in the 100's this week). Almost too hot to enjoy the ride. I'm learning the local roads and routes and found a beautiful ride up through an old mining town (Jerome) and with lots of twists and turns as you climb the mountain. Beautiful views.

My bike is down for a bit as I tried to install new handlebar risers (4" up / 1" back) and stripped a bolt tightening everything up. Need to run into town for supplies to fix it and plan on doing that over the weekend.

·
Registered
20,218 Posts
Dennis, you better not complain. You know she's been stalking you on here. Be nice or she may quit cooking for you, and still leave you her dishes to clean.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dennis, you better not complain. You know she's been stalking you on here. Be nice or she may quit cooking for you, and still leave you her dishes to clean.
good point...nothing comes w/o a price...think I'll negotiate what gets washed depending on what gets prepared...better hide the frying pans first tho...

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's been pretty much perfect riding weather out here in Arizona since I came out in mid-March. Now it's actually getting hot with days in the 90"s (Phoenix has been in the 100's this week). Almost too hot to enjoy the ride. I'm learning the local roads and routes and found a beautiful ride up through an old mining town (Jerome) and with lots of twists and turns as you climb the mountain. Beautiful views.

My bike is down for a bit as I tried to install new handlebar risers (4" up / 1" back) and stripped a bolt tightening everything up. Need to run into town for supplies to fix it and plan on doing that over the weekend.
good to hear from you Kurt...hope all is well and the adjustment to your new digs is going well for you as well as Linda...how has she been doing?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
good to hear from you Kurt...hope all is well and the adjustment to your new digs is going well for you as well as Linda...how has she been doing?
Linda and I are both doing well, health-wise. Staying isolated in AZ is a big help, as the entire state has less cases than just the City of Boston. I'm working remotely and don't think we will be back until some time in June. Fingers crossed that I can find a job out here before then, so we can plan the BIG move. Miss all my VR friends back east. Hope everyone is staying safe and out of trouble. (Yes, that means you too Beez)!

Open invitation to all my easy coast VR Family to come out to AZ for a visit once all this crap is over. Some great riding out here and scenery unlike anything in New England.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts