Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,766 Posts
Another hoist off Tim's FB page:

I got up on my own this morning, made my coffee, gave myself a shower and even washed my hair myself, and then dressed myself..
It's slow, and it hurts like hell, but so far today I'm 100% self sufficient!!

·
Super Moderator
8,766 Posts
Actually, probably not. :(

Tim says he expects never to be able to ride again -- which is rough for somebody who logs tens of thousands of miles every year.

He has set a goal for himself of getting a Slingshot when he's healed up.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I remember that one thread of Tim making a super-aquarium in his house. I hope he's eventually good enough to be able to scuba in it again!

·
Super Moderator
8,766 Posts
Yes, some aqua-therapy might really help.

Last I knew, Tim was self-employed as a designer and builder of enormous aquariums. Another reason to pray he'll recovery quickly and well.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I just logged into here today, and found this thread...

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS.. I FEEL THEM, AND THEY HELP!!!

#1) Alcohol absolutely *was not* a factor, as I had only had 3 beers in close to 7 hours.

#2) The accident was about as bizarre as it gets, in that the cause (road debris that I road up on & skated on), is an anomoly in it's own.. Once tank slap kicked in, jumping was the only option for survival.

#3) I have 2 titanium rods and 16 screws from T2-T10, fractured neck, a bunch of broken ribs, and am pretty much in 24/7 hell at the momemt, but everyday is a step forward. I have no idea where the initial "140 screws & mesh" came from, in what I wrote on FB, but it was obviously incorrect...

#4) After 30+ years of riding accident free, sadly, I'll never be able to ride on 2 wheels again, but as pointed out already, I am looking at a Slingshot so that I can remain in the wind to some extent at least.

-Tim

·
Administrator
16,244 Posts
Glad to see you posting Tim. Please stop by thevmc and say hello too.

·
Super Moderator
8,766 Posts
Tim, thanks for stopping here! Lots of prayers & good healing karma have been sent your way, and will continue to be sent your way.

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed some status updates from Facebook to share with your concerned brothers & sisters here.

<<Gentle Hugs>>,
Chris

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Heal fast and well................loosing the ability to ride two wheels isn't the end of the world. Lots of other fun and dangerous things to do.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
This is the 2nd time I've shattered my spine.. The 1st was in a mountain climbing accident in 1993, where I opted to allow it to heal naturally without surgery... That was NOT an option this time!

Anyway, I guess unicycling down a 90m ski jump is pretty much out at this point... Damm the luck!

·
Super Moderator
56,188 Posts
Stay in touch here as you recoup Tim to help pass the healing time, to keep us posted on your progress, but most of all because we are all concerned about your wellbeing.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Actual pictures of Tim recovering from his injuries...

Get well soon! ;-)

41 - 60 of 109 Posts