Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my grips to a set of Avons and thought it might be a good time to install a cruise control device.
Has anyone had any experience with the Throttlemeister TC1-H.
They're 14oz and replace the handlebar end weight. They seem easy enough to install but from what I've read you must turn the end piece to engage the control. This sounds a little awkward to initiate.
Does anyone has any thoughts or first hand experience with the Throttlemeister?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm changing my grips to a set of Avons and thought it might be a good time to install a cruise control device.
Has anyone had any experience with the Throttlemeister TC1-H.
They're 14oz and replace the handlebar end weight. They seem easy enough to install but from what I've read you must turn the end piece to engage the control. This sounds a little awkward to initiate.
Does anyone has any thoughts or first hand experience with the Throttlemeister?
I found a you-tube video.

Guy demonstrates it with 2 hands? Strange demo... I wouldn't be crossing my hands that close together to set the throttle at highway speed. I use the Vista Cruiser which allows you to use a thumb lock to lock and unlock. Very easy to use and completely safe, IMHO. Less than $20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounded awkward...

Thanks for your input.
I'll look into the You-Tube video.

The last thing I want do is start screwing around with my hands while trying to set the **** thing. :bigoops:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Thanks for your input.

The last thing I want do is start screwing around with my hands while trying to set the **** thing. :bigoops:
Forgot to post the link. Here it is.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Thanks for your input.

Forgot to post the link. Here it is. I guess the idea while riding is to roll it on (lock) with the outside edge or heal of your hand. And then unlock it by applying pressure by rolling your hand forward.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Vista Cruise. $35.00 Best bang for the buck. Moved mine from my Vol to my trike. Don't leave home without it!:wayhappy:

·
Administrator
29,599 Posts
I love throttlemeister. It is a time tested design. I didnt know they made them for the vol. I have had a throttlemeister on every bike i've ever used. Except my vol. Now, i use my throttlemeister about once a century... I just dont like throttle locks and for some reason, i really don't like taking my right hand off the grip. Odd because i ride thousands of miles a year with my left hand resting on my tank bag.

I prefer a throttle rocker more. I also will use a Mr. Efficiency All American Thunder screaming Beagle phase two cruise control.. Also known as a. Caterpillar rubber flange. I had one of those on my Vol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts