Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

What is the purpose of the throttle positioner on the PC III??
What would happen if it was not hooked up??

Just discovered mine is not plugged in.

Brian

·
Registered
370 Posts
well if it isn't plugged in it probably isn't adjusting the fuel as the map says it should. it determines the position of the throttle and that is how it knows how much fuel to adjust

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
notorious_carl said:
well if it isn't plugged in it probably isn't adjusting the fuel as the map says it should. it determines the position of the throttle and that is how it knows how much fuel to adjust
ya, it' like your hand knowing how open the throttle is. Which then tells you how much gas you are giving the bike.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Boxwrench said:
notorious_carl said:
ya, it' like your hand knowing how open the throttle is. Which then tells you how much gas you are giving the bike.
I was wondering why the Bully didn't use the TPS hookup and I'm surprised that the PC3 would work without the TPS hookup? The bike runs,but it's probably not running to it's full potential with the PC3 and that wire not hooked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts