906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I had the Vista Cruise throttle lock on my C50. It does allow you to rest your throttle hand. It does not adjust for hills so speed fluctuates, therefore my normal use was to use it for a few minutes, exercise the right hand and return to using a palm rest, such as the Throttle Rocker or Cramp Buster on the C50 and now I use the Throttle Boss on my Triumph, Sportster and touring bike. Once you learn how to use them, it is easy to just using your palm to keep your speed constant, accelerate to pass or slow down.

Once I got used to these palm devices, I stopped using the throttle lock style, but left it there for the occasional right free hand stuff stuff.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have carpal tunnel in both hands and after 15 to 20 minuets they are both so bad I have to either take them off the bars and shake them out and flex them to get the feeling back or pull over to do it and I get tired of pulling over. I am ok with the left one because I can take it off anytime but the throttle side sucks. The lock will be worth it's weight in gold to me. I have no desire to have "cruise control" because I enjoy the throttle but I just need to let go every now and then.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Mark, I have a vista cruise on mine and it works fine. It kinda gets in the way of the 4 way flasher button, but it works. It is great for when you need to take your hand off the grip to rest it or to adjust your glove or jacket or something. Obviously it doesn't hold steady speed forever, but that's not really what it is for.

Those palm throttle cramp buster things some people like, but those don't allow you to take your hand off the throttle. And they are in the way 99% of the time when you don't need them. I hate 'em personally.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark, I really like the BrakeAway throttle lock, it releases if you pull the brake lever. A lot more expensive than what you are looking at, but much safer IMHO. It should fit your grip as long as the diameter of the ring at the open end is no bigger than the ring on the stock grip. Here is a link to the unit for our bikes:
BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control - Application Guide

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you....but that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than I am willing to pay. I just need something hat will hold the gas on while I shake my hand back to life :) Nice and cheap and relatively effective. I ride a lot less than most of the people here but when I do I ALWAYS fight my carpal tunnel. I am a antique doll restoration artist and I can't afford to take the down time to get the carpal tunnel fixed because I am always doing a lot of very intricate sculpting and that just won't work. I'd go broke trying to recover from the surgery and then it would likely leave me with a lot less dexterity and I need my hands to live. Sorry ....didn't mean to go on and on!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
ive got a vista on stock grips and thinks its great

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Thank you....but that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than I am willing to pay. I just need something hat will hold the gas on while I shake my hand back to life :) Nice and cheap and relatively effective. I ride a lot less than most of the people here but when I do I ALWAYS fight my carpal tunnel...............................
O-ring throttle lock....cheap, effective and allows adjusting of the throttle while in place....I leave mine in place (been there for years now), I like being able to set the throttle where I want it when I want it and having it stay there.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Yeah.... I am not really interested in the palm thing. I just wondered if I get the lock will I be able to use it with my grips.
The one I linked above is made by Kury for your Kury grips and is 7.00 cheaper.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Not sure about that O-ring deal.....Did you see my grips in the first of this post? I can't see how that would work?
I've mine between the grip shoulder and the throttle housing....would work for those grips just as easily.

http://www.volusiariders.com/attachments/custom-mods/5801d1347630554-*******-cruise-control-palm-rest-09-14-12_094538.jpg
http://www.volusiariders.com/attachments/custom-mods/5800d1347630554-*******-cruise-control-palm-rest-09-14-12_094510.jpg

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
I have those exact grips and a Vista Cruze. It'll work fine, but you will have to modify the Vista Cruze a bit to get it to fit right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mark. If you look at my bike between the throttle and housing you see that black dohickey sticking up. You pull that to lock. The other end is hidden below and pull that to disengage. Of course you can move the throttle with it engaged also. Works like a vista except five seconds to set up. Cost $6.00 plus usps shipping. A guy in Cincinnati makes them. Material is like a nylon bungee. It is functional for me as I have three bikes and just put it on the one I want to ride, takes less than five seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mark. Give me a little time. I bought it in 2012. I might have his card, if not will try to track down.
Chuck

Hey Mark. I did not have a card. Went to ebay that is where I found him in 2012 under motorcycle cruise controls. He no longer has a listing. Dang I am sorry. It is such a simple thing but works great. Maybe I will look into making them. I also pulled up motorcycle accessories of craigslist for cincinnati. Over 1000 listings, but not his.
Chuck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.