Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks; so I'm in a bad way.

I'm trying to install some ISO Grips on my 08 C50, which seemed pretty straightforward. Not. Apparently some genius in Suzuki thought that having the adjusters for the cables up on the grip end was unnecessary and put them elsewhere... as in the other end of the cable. I have no idea where the throttle cable enters the engine. All I know, is it's on the left side. I see a likely candidate, but I don't want to mess with it until I know what it is.

Adding Urgency to the matter is the fact that, in my infinite wisdom, I completely removed the end weight which leaves that **** pressure nut somewhere in the right side of my handlebar. Not only does that mean that I can't just give up and put the grip back on, but it also means that I can't move the bike without risking that nut going right into the center of the handlebars.

Bottom line: someone please tell me where this adjuster is so I can get this POS grip off. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It's on the throttle body end where the spring tension is. You may have to remove the tank to gain access to it. Left side. You may also have to lean the bike on the right side almost to the floor to get the "nut" to fall out. Get some help. Don't recommend solo. Or you may try and telescoping magnet tool.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Or a strong magnet on the outside of the handlebar tube with a cloth between them start the mag low and pull it to the opening to drag the nut out provided you got the rubber part out.
Or take the other weight off (correctly) and blow air through, you may need to ball up a piece of cloth to help push it .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks, guys. As it turned out, I did remove the endweights correctly; I got both assemblies out without trouble. As for the throttle cord, I ended up giving up the search completely and doing the switch without loosening the cable. It took two sets of hands to get it down, but the results are def worth it.

Thanks again for responding though! It's nice to know I can count on the folks on this forum for when I botch up royally!

-Malaek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts