Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
John, I am so glad to hear that you are ok. Your bike looks rough! It's hard to see, I'm sure, but better that the bike got the worst part of the accident than your body. Don't overdo it. Speaking from experience, you will hurt in places that don't even make sense and that sometimes happens days after. Heal up, buddy!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Speaking from experience, you will hurt in places that don't even make sense and that sometimes happens days after. Heal up, buddy!
Thanks, Kris. I know what you mean. Each day I notice something else that didn't hurt the day before. So far, it hasn't been anything all that bad. My neck is bothering me today, which gives me concern.

·
Super Moderator
8,881 Posts
Whiplash pain usually shows up several days after an accident. A follow-up with a doc might not be the worst idea.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I went to my family doctor today. He just gave me pain medication.

I have neck and shoulder problems from a prior auto accident. I went to a chiropractor and did PT for a while after that one. I am hopeful it won't come to that again ...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
What is really ironic ... I lost one of the buttons from the speedometer on my Nomad about eight months ago, and could not find anyone who had one. (I did threaten to take one off of Yoda's Nomad, but he never left me alone with it). I started checking bike salvage yards online - still no luck. Then, I saw a guy on ebay selling a broken speedometer for a Vulcan that was like the speedo on my Nomad. I convinced him to sell me just the button -- it arrived today.:blackeye:

·
Super Moderator
3,720 Posts
What is really ironic ... I lost one of the buttons from the speedometer on my Nomad about eight months ago, and could not find anyone who had one. (I did threaten to take one off of Yoda's Nomad, but he never left me alone with it). I started checking bike salvage yards online - still no luck. Then, I saw a guy on ebay selling a broken speedometer for a Vulcan that was like the speedo on my Nomad. I convinced him to sell me just the button -- it arrived today.:blackeye:
john, go put the button on the bike now, it will be complete and u will get more cash for it to put on the Victory!!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
john, go put the button on the bike now, it will be complete and u will get more cash for it to put on the Victory!!!:biglaugh:
Thanks, Mark. I haven't had too many laughs over the past few days. That was funny. :biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,881 Posts
I'd pull off that Russell Daylong seat before I'd let a junkyard touch it. That's got resale value even if the Nomad doesn't. No kidding.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'd pull off that Russell Daylong seat before I'd let a junkyard touch it. That's got resale value even if the Nomad doesn't. No kidding.

I know what you mean. I have "accessory coverage" on my insurance. I want to see what they will give me additional for the seat, before I sign off on the settlement. If it's not much, I'll take the seat and sell it myself.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
My friends, you are my comic relief from what is otherwise not much fun to deal with.

My wife is getting into the act, as well. She says that I am now her favorite color - purple.

41 - 60 of 197 Posts