Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Today I feel like I was in fight that I lost. Sore spots I didn't notice before. Like the muscles in the left side of my neck, which must have been strained when the right side of my body went into the SUV.

I went to church this morning, and then stopped at the drug store for some more gauze pads. Tired when I got home. I've been watching lots of movies on TV, as well as the World Cup.

The swelling on my leg appears to have gone down some, so it is easier to walk around. Still can't bend down very well. Lots of funky colors on the back of my leg from bruising, and around where the stitches are.

Tomorrow morning I will try to go to the salvage yard before work, to see how banged up my bike is.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers. I really appreciate them.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Take it easy at work tomorrow, friend. Don't overdo, eh?

<<Gentle Hugs>>

Yeah, I will have to see how it goes. I was surprised by how quickly I got tired today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Plus we're glad you are here to complain about being scraped and sore. MUCH better than the alternative!
Very true, Mike. Accidents like this make you realize how fragile life is, and that you shouldn't take things for granted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, how i hate oblivious drivers....

When you look back, is there anything you would have (or will do) different in that type of scenario? Different lane position? Being a newish rider I try to learn as little as possible from experience...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
When you look back, is there anything you would have (or will do) different in that type of scenario? Different lane position? Being a newish rider I try to learn as little as possible from experience...
I have thought that over and over in my mind, and other than giving up riding, I am not sure there is anything I could have or should have done differently. When another driver does something completely against the rules of the road, you have to do your best to react. When I knew I was in a collision situation I could not avoid, I recalled an article I read in Motorcycle Consumer News (a good magazine with lots of goods articles about riding tips, etc...) about whether it is better to put the bike down or hit the object. The conclusion of the article was to take as much speed off as possible, then brace for impact. That is what I did. Fortunately, I was not going that fast, and walked away in relatively good condition. Your results may vary. :eek:utcold:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well, my bike did not fair too well from the impact with the SUV. Below is a picture from the salvage yard. The forks are both broken off, with the wheel turned 90 degrees from center. Lots of other bends and cosmetic damage. The insurance adjuster will be out in a day or two to take a look at it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Oh maaaaaan! What a shame for such a pretty bike! Will you look for another pre-'09 Nomad, or consider other choices?
I am keeping my options open. Someone has a Victory that looks awful nice.:biglaugh:

My wife gets veto power if the back seat does not suit her needs. That has to include a nice backrest. She wasn't overly impressed with the back seat on the Nomad.

21 - 40 of 197 Posts