5,258 Posts
How's the leg, John?

[beezer, excuse me for hijacking your thread. :) ]

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
How's the leg, John?
I still have the lump on my calf where it got cut in the accident. I get pain in it standing around, or other random times, but I am getting around okay. The surgeon said come back in a month to see if the lump has subsided, so I have another appointment Aug 22.

·
Super Moderator
20,493 Posts
here a month...there a month...wish the aging body could be a little more cooperative...hope theres no discomfort while your on the new ride.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
And how about your neck and back?

Neck is still stiff, and gets sore by the end of the day. Fortunately, back doesn't seem any worse for wear. Shoulder, elbow and wrist are still tender, but don't hurt if I don't use them ...

The aging body just doesn't bounce back like it used to.:blackeye:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Hey, John. How are you doing? Hope the leg, etc will be ready for OctoVRfest!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
Tom and Beez,

Not doing too bad. Lump on the leg is going down pretty good. My neck and right arm still bother me at times, but overall pretty good, considering what I went through.

Thanks for asking.

Tom, I've been out riding the new bike. I have a long trip to Canada before OctoVRFest. The leg shouldn't be the problem. Just hope the arm doesn't get too sore from long days of riding.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I still have the lump on my calf where it got cut in the accident. I get pain in it standing around, or other random times, but I am getting around okay. The surgeon said come back in a month to see if the lump has subsided, so I have another appointment Aug 22.
Glad youre doing well....where in Canada are you going ?

Tom and Beez,

Not doing too bad. Lump on the leg is going down pretty good. My neck and right arm still bother me at times, but overall pretty good, considering what I went through.

Thanks for asking.

Tom, I've been out riding the new bike. I have a long trip to Canada before OctoVRFest. The leg shouldn't be the problem. Just hope the arm doesn't get too sore from long days of riding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
We are renting a house just north of Quebec. If you can recommend any routes in that area, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Hope the leg is progressing better than expected. Good luck with at the Dr's.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Fortunately, the leg does not cause me pain any more. There is still a lump with blood squishing around in it, and scar tissue around where the cuts were, but the leg functions fine.

I am more concerned with my right arm on the long trip. My shoulder/ elbow/wrist act up at times. Hopefully, they will not cause me any significant problems on the trip with long days of riding.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts