Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go downstate today to visit my firm's Rehoboth Beach and Georgetown offices. Thought it would be a good day to ride. Weather was beautiful. Coming North through Odessa, which has two lanes of travel in each direction, I was riding in the left lane. Ahead of me was an SUV in the right lane, who decides he wants to make a left hand turn in front of me. Why would you make a left hand turn from the right lane? Did everything I could to get my speed down, but I knew a collision was imminent. I hit his rear quarter panel and went down. Dazed, I got up to see my leg was bloody, but otherwise not too bad off. Bike on its side with anti-freeze everywhere. Front end is banged up, but I don't know how bad. Bike was towed away, so I will have to wait until next week to check it out. Paramedic was a rider, who insisted I go to the hospital, even though I really didn't think it was necessary. Now, I've been sitting here for almost four hours, waiting for stitches in the leg. They took x-rays of my arm and leg, and nothing is broken.

In hindsight, I guess I should have caged it today.

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. This could have ended up a lot worse.
Keep us posted ............

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Deacon, someone was watching over you. I hope you feel good tomorrow.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally made it out of the ER. A few stitches and some sore spots that will be worse over the next few days. All in all, I am blessed that it did not turn out worse. Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

The SUV driver did stop to help me. He called for the police and ambulance. The cop told me in the hospital that he was charged with careless driving.

·
Super Moderator
8,881 Posts
Awww, John -- I'm immensely relieved to hear you are going to be alright.

And I'm terribly sorry this happened to you at all.

<<<HUGS>>>

--Chris

·
Super Moderator
4,371 Posts
Healing process

John, glad you anticapated the unkown to happened when it did, you're a good rider and good to hear your okay. A good cold micro beer would heal right now and a cold one from the G-burg Brewery is waiting for you too. All in all, just heal for now and yes, blessing from above for a quick recovery. Best, Doug & Laurie:blackeye:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yikes, John! Glad you made it through OK. One never knows, dies one. Get better! Will miss you next weekend.
I was really hoping to make that ride, and to hear about your trip to Canada!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
sorry to hear this, hope your recovery is fast . glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Bad luck, hope you fully recover soon. :wayhappy::shades::wayhappy:

1 - 20 of 197 Posts