Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,821 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Was he a brother or cousin or something to the person this thread was originally about?

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
From today's Providence Journal:

Bristol man dies of injuries from motorcycle crash

01:00 AM EDT on Friday, August 5, 2005

A Bristol man injured in a motorcycle accident last week has died.

Patrick McKenna, 21, of Cliff Drive, was driving a 2002 Suzuki motorcycle southbound on County Road on July 25 at about 10:15 p.m. when he was struck by a 1989 Mercedes station wagon driven by a 17-year-old Barrington girl who was turning into a parking lot.

McKenna was thrown from his motorcycle.

"It appears at this point based on the investigation that [McKenna] had no time to react," said Barrington Detective Sgt. Dino DeCrescenzo.

McKenna spent nine days in critical condition at Rhode Island Hospital before he died yesterday.

"It's still under investigation, but at this point it doesn't appear anything rises to criminal charges," DeCrescenzo said of the young driver. "She's going to be issued some traffic charges, but nothing criminal at this point."
maybe I'm missing something here or someone's assuming she was on her cell phone when perhaps she wasn't...still doesn't excuse the fact she took a life for being careless... we get on a bike...we know the risks...hurts alot when we read these stories...hurts even more when we are involved and even more when someone riding with us gets seriously hurt because of someone elses carelessness or poor judgment. Been there last year in april and for a moment thought I lost my wife...don't ever want to feel that feeling again but I still ride. Cell phones...dwi...people not paying attention or just not giving a dam...part of the package that comes w/riding a mc. Won't change either. Sucks to say the least but these stories are all too common today and nothing seems to be changing. Even see the police talking on their cells while patroling the roads.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Read why this was resurrected. The thread was about a motorcyclist that was killed in 2005, his brother was just killed as a member of our military. A friend of the family resurrected the thread.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I was lucky in that I was not around when this thread first started, forcing me to read the full thread to get the background on the comments made.
Admittedly the first thought when I saw it on the "Active Topics" list was..... "Zombie Thread".
Prime example of not looking at the Big Picture when jumping to the last few posts on a thread.

Even though it looks like the secondary poster @rilala only set up an account to pass the information, and probably never see this.
Prayers go out to the family.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts