Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say most accidents happen with 5 miles of home. Try more like 200 yards! This evening I got sideswiped by some lady that says she didn't see me come to a stop to turn left on a busy two lane road.

As is my custom I stay in the middle of my lane so that people do not try to go around me on the right. I put my turn signal on with plenty of time. I come to a stop waiting on two cars. Just as the second car is about to go the other, I double check my mirrors. Low and behold this woman is about to hit me. OH CRAP! Thankfully she must have moved to the left just enough to hit my saddlebag. Clipped me with her mirror and over on Betsy's right side she goes.

Thankfully the only thing that hurts on me is my left upper arm and a couple of scratches.

Betsy on the other hand is going to need to be all checked out.

The woman did receive a ticket for careless driving.

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Aw, shoot! I hate hearing stuff like this.

But I'm very glad that *you* were not hurt too badly!

Please keep us posted when you hear the story with your bike.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to post some pics when it is light outside.

And I'm definitely going to see my chiropractor.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to hear that you are OK.
Repairs, although disheartening, can be done.
Betsy will recover too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glad your not hurt bad. It never really occurred to me how many motorcyclists are rear ended until it happened to me. The guy that hit me was texting and never hit the brakes.

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appraiser came this morning, he thinks that they may total it. After looking a little more this morning with a clear head found a lot more damage.

I guess if they total it I will have to decide if I want to buy it back from insurance or just go buy that c90t boss I've been eyeballing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woodswoman, I'm doing better, mostly just sore. Saw the chiropractor second time, things are looking good. May have to continue seeing him for a couple of months to make sure there is no long term problems.

·
Premium Member
14,397 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks like I'm going to be going to the chiropractor for the next few months. Some days I feel better than others.

The insurance company is totaling the bike and after looking for maybe getting the C90 BOSS. I've decided I'm going to buy Betsy back make repairs, do the DJ drive and repaint the entire bike black.

This will leave me without having payment to make every month, which is worth a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts