Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the news, today .................... (This guy's "screwed"!)

A Brampton man faces a laundry list of offences after Burlington OPP say an officer clocked a motorcyclist travelling at speeds of more than 200 kilometres an hour on Highway 407.

The officer first saw the speeding motorcycle travelling westbound on the highway in Milton around 7:10 a.m. Thursday, but say they couldn't get close enough to pull over the driver because he was going "well in excess of twice the posted speed limit."

The officer caught up to the bike at a stoplight near the highway's Appleby Line exit. The rider of the Yamaha YZF motorcycle was placed under arrest, but according to police, was resistant and had to be handcuffed.

Sheldon Bent, 23, was held in custody until his bail hearing.

He has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, possession of property obtained by crime worth over $5,000, resisting a peace officer, fail to comply with a recognizance, possession of under 30 grams of marijuana, driving with an open container liquor, driving while suspended, driving a motor vehicle with no licence plates, driving a motor vehicle with an improper licence, racing, failure to wear a proper helmet, avoiding tolls and possessing the non-photo portion of a cancelled, revoked or suspended licence.

Police impounded the motorcycle for seven days.

And you know what? With his total disregard for the law, he'll do it again! ........ in 7 days, when he gets the bike back!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Maybe the thread title should be 'screwed UP'. He's really screwed up alright.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if he even had insurance? There is no mention in the "charges" that he was riding "without insurance". I'd be surprised if he had any. I wonder what this will do to his premiums! (LOL)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Wow, Open container? at twice the legal speed limit.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
I'm glad we're getting a bit more safety conscious. 25 years ago, I would have called this Saturday Night, and I doubt I would have been pulled over....

·
Registered
23,778 Posts
Was it the bike that he stole that was worth more than $5000 or was it the dope?
If he stole the bike, of course he didn't have insurance.
This guy is a real piece of work

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Racing? Who was he racing? The peace officer?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Racing? Who was he racing? The peace officer?
Here in Ontario, any "speeding charge" laid, where the speed "exceeds" 50 km/hr OVER the posted speed limit, is deemed "racing".

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He probably has a hot girlfriend ;)

You thinkin what I'm thinkin 10-64?
I'm thinking that if they're holding him "in custody" pending a bail hearing, I hope his cell mate is "Bubba"! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
He should have added failure to stop at the red light. Bet he was kicking himself for not breaking one more law. With a list like that, what's one more other than he would have got away. Of course, at that rate, he might have killed himself or someone else. There is a reason alcohol, speed and wreckless riding make up the vast majority of accidents on motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm glad we're getting a bit more safety conscious. 25 years ago, I would have called this Saturday Night, and I doubt I would have been pulled over....
I was waiting for the part where they gave him a medal.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Trooper "Papa Bear" RIP used to laugh and say that throwing the lights on in my county was an invitation to race.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Here in Ontario, any "speeding charge" laid, where the speed "exceeds" 50 km/hr OVER the posted speed limit, is deemed "racing".
I got a "drag racing" charge one evening 25 years ago with me just trying to ride side by side a friend riding a larger bike --- Yamaha 750 vs Honda Sabre 1100. Since it was a little jockeying (at round 45mp) the #@&@* called it drag racing. Hit my insurance rates for a number of years. That's a memory I could stand to forget. :smoking: But, yeah, this guy is ska-rewed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.