Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,not si funny but true story, i have a 05 c50 with 27k miles on it, i bought it about four months ago, ever since i have Been riding it and fixing little problems here and there.
When i bought it the fan switch didnt work as it Was jumped with two wires but the bike ran ok then i próperly connected the switch and it worked for about 5 minutes and then it died so i had to go back to the ******* method (jumping wires), that Was my first clue something Was wrong.
so i took everything apart, checked the thermostat and it seem to work ok since it opened and closed at the próper range,but there Was lots of mud and rúst coming from behind the water pump so i figured the previous owner only used water. That Was my second clue (no $h¶¥ Sherlock)
Well i just changed the fan switch and also the temperature sensor which if any of you has done it before probably know its a pain in the butt, anyway i changed them,changed the coolant,flushed the entire system,took the radiator to a shop to have it professionally flushed,so after a good day of cursing the old gods and the new, i finally put everything together went for a ride and to my surprise the dreaded red multi purpose light that only a genious would Think as a good idea to use One for all and all for One like a musketeer, Came on after five minutes ,however the fan never kicked in and the bike never shut down which i thought Was an standard safety measure but the bike kept running pretty good.
Anyway thanks for listening to my rants, any input as to what to check or what to do ,Other than take it to the dealer since i live in México and have none here, would be truly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Check the fan motor and the switch controlling it. The bike will not shut down until it's too hot and ceases up. Make sure you burped all the air out of the coolant system. Be sure your not confusing the oil pressure light with the coolant light. Oil pressure light comes on with the key. Water temp does not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,i changed the oil a couple months ago i checked the level today and its Almost full, the fan works if i jump it with two wires i know the old switch didnt work because i tested it as the manual says.
The radiator has probably four or five línes shut down it seems like it got hit and instead of replacing it they Fixed it, when i took it to the shop the Guy said it didnt affect the bike much as it had good flow And good output, im thinking if it would be possible that the water pump could be the problem, but i dont have the tools to test it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.