Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 seats and I think its time to get rid of 1 or 2. I have a Corbin Young Guns, Non Studded Mustang 3 piece seat and a OEM stock seat. Please tell help me with the going price for 3 piece Mustang seat in VG condition. I have been riding with the Young Guns seat but the Mustang feels better on long rides. The Young Guns seat looks better on my bike and I think the longer I ride with it the better it will feel.... I hope. If it does , I will then sell my Mustang seat and keep the Young Guns. Thanks for your help and opinion on the Young Guns seat as for comfort.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
studded or non? how long have you had it? you could probably get AT LEAST 250 bucks IMO (low end)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would be interested if you are going to sell it. Let me know if it isn't already spoken for.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Non Studded

Its non studded and very good condition. Its about 2 yrs old but haven't been used much. I use my Corbin Young Guns seat most of the time. Not sure about the $250.00...I have a three piece seat. I was hoping more in the range of $400.00 plus shipping. Tell me if Im far off or whitin range of selling price. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Formally Peg_scraper said:
studded or non? how long have you had it? you could probably get AT LEAST 250 bucks IMO (low end)
I think you're thinking of the 2-pc setup (i.e., without backrest).

BWil, I think you're spot-on in your thinking. It seems that $400-425 is a good range--a great price for a buyer and far enough away from the "I could get my own for a few dollars more" point. That's why I won't buy somebody's 2-pc for $275-300 when I can get a brand new one for $350-360, but that's just me. I've seen a few 3-pcs offered here and I think they've all been along that price point, if I recall correctly. Might wanna search to confirm.

As Misunderstood said, I'd definitely be interested. Not sure how you wanna handle since Getodd said something, too. Good luck in your sale, whatever you decide!!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I recently sold a two piece Mustang non-studded that was 4 months old for $300 so I would think a three piece could bring $350 or $400.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
ajgamelli said:
Do the three piece seats come with driver back rests or passanger back rests?
It's a driver's backrest that is removeable. But it can't be added later (i.e., if you just buy a 2-pc) because of how the "post" of the backrest fits into the seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you, I'd be looking for a non studded mustang touring seat with a passangers back rest. The passangers back rest would probably a seperate purchase or, do they sell some with passanger back rest as well?

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
ajgamelli said:
Thank you, I'd be looking for a non studded mustang touring seat with a passangers back rest. The passangers back rest would probably a seperate purchase or, do they sell some with passanger back rest as well?
They sell the passenger backrests separately to fit the OEM sissy bars, I believe. A few different styles available...Most about $80-110

See http://www.mustangseats.com/accessories/suzukisissybarpads.shtml for more info

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thanks for everyone's help with the pricing. I will ride a few more weeks and then decide. I will most likely post it for $400-450.00 plus shipping. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
TNrookie said:
Formally Peg_scraper said:
I think you're thinking of the 2-pc setup (i.e., without backrest).
yup....maybe I should actually read a post before I respond!! :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts