Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd pay you guys a visit and show off the final product of the Savage 650 / LS40 project I mentioned last fall. Came out pretty good. Still got some minor tweaking to jetting in the carb as it still backfires a bit between shifts. I did all the wiring, got the LEDs to function with swapping to the same electronic flasher I did on my C50 years back. Cut the stock seat to make a solo seat. Harley Sportster Headlight. New fork tubes due to the rust and one bent original, new tires. (had to buy OEM, no one makes a replacement in the same size other than IRC but I got a hell of a deal on them, and I even mounted and poor man balanced them. Local shop wanted $60 a wheel to mount and balance. Stupid. They wanted $450 for tires tubes and mounting of I went thru them. Got the tired from Parts Unlimited and did it myself for $200. Ryka old school grips, new battery, custom plate bracket, lots of little stuff. Runs pretty good, pulls hard. Forgot how much of a torque monster these were. 2005 with 13k miles on it so she's got lots of life left in it. Timing chain tensioner looked good and was at half travel, chain looked good, adjusted valves, basically went thru every bit of it. Other than I look like a giant on it compared to my Sportster. Lol. It is up for grabs as well right now. I'm north of Seattle if anyone is looking for a fun little scoot for their wife or maybe an older kid. Enjoy! Hope everyone is safe in these crazy times.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What we started with after removing all the extra junk. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts