Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...
The old IF not WHEN has hit the San's Karma!
2300 miles on the beutiful new blue 2004 VTX1800.
I got the call around 5:30am from Jimysan, himself (big sigh of relief)
"I just got hit from behind at a light"

He's OK, a little bruised but refused medical treatment at the scene.
Last night we went shopping for an armoured mesh jacket, and got one!
It now has a couple of abrasions and two small scuffs on his helmet, and two very small areas of road rash on his slacks.

He was stopped at the very red light beside a cage. He saw it coming, and was able to start to jump forward into the intersection, but she skidded about 25feet before she got him good, and he found himself on the pavement in the middle of a major intersection.
At least two onlookers were quick to call the police and move him and the bike to the side.
The back end of the bike looks like it accordian-ed, and the Mustang Seat driver's backrest is curved around the support! (scares me to think that was in front of the San's spine)
The back fender has impressions of the bolts from the trunk on the luggage rack, but its pushed down against/into the back tire!!??
waited 2 hours for a motorcycle towing company came to take it 45 miles away to store until monday/tuesday.
I'm currently talking to the San about going to the Dr. tomorrow for a full set of x-rays on his back, neck and shoulder (especially the one he had surgery on last year, since that's one of the places on the new TourMaster jacket with a small abrasion)
He's fine, but in a mild state of shock..
He'll be posting more himself as soon as he can gather his thoughts.

By the way, he has a photo of the young female driver that hit him, being taken away in handcuffs... looks/smells like a DUI!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I am on the phone with Jimysan now, He is ok but he is bumming.....You are just sitting there one minute and the next you are airborn. I can't tell you how bummed I am. Get better and ride again.

Jimysan if there is anything at all I can doo for you just pick up the phone and make a call! I mean ot.

CG

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
This really sucks, I hope he is ok as he thinks he is. Gettting checked out is never a bad thing to do. Get to the doc and make sure there are no problems!

RR

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RoadRunner said:
This really sucks, I hope he is ok as he thinks he is. Gettting checked out is never a bad thing to do. Get to the doc and make sure there are no problems!

RR
He's had back problems in the past, and looking at the way the mustang backrest is is curved, he's bound to have some issues.
I'll let him slide until Monday, since the ER is definitely no picnic.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
tronbunny said:
RoadRunner said:

RR
He's had back problems in the past, and looking at the way the mustang backrest is is curved, he's bound to have some issues.
I'll let him slide until Monday, since the ER is definitely no picnic.
He must really be bumming over the bike. I'm sad for him :( I hope the woman rots in hell :evil:

RR

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
RoadRunner said:

RR

Absolutely - get thyself to the doctor ASAP. Any latent injury and you will have no recourse with the insurance company.

Believe me - I am still suffering from an accident I had in 1984 - all medical bills remain on my tab...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
byteman said:
Prayers to Jimmysan and you. I hope he recovers quickly - now go and pick you out a new bike!
This was a NEW bike had 2300 miles in the last 6 weeks..
It's a really nice Blue that we went to over 11 dealers to find.. They quit making this blue in '04. The '05 and '06 colors SUCK!

Besides, I don't think we'll know if they'll total it until next week!!

As much as I hate the thought of not getting what we searched so long for, I don't want to think of the possible problems that would be left hidden/lurking, if they just 'fix' this one.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If it is totalled and he has to get a different color VTX then the Blue he likes.....who knows there might be a couple guys out there who would paint it for him if he made a trip to ....oh I don't know....Iowa maybe. Just a thought,.

Get to the doctor and be sure you are ok. Thats why there is doctors.

CG

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Coilguy said:
If it is totalled and he has to get a different color VTX then the Blue he likes.....who knows there might be a couple guys out there who would paint it for him if he made a trip to ....oh I don't know....Iowa maybe. Just a thought,.

Get to the doctor and be sure you are ok. Thats why there is doctors.

CG
Kissimmee, FL to mashalltown, IA - 1401 miles each way. It would be the same color and almost the same milage - He would never know the difference. I think tron should go get one now, ride it up there and tell him it was all a bad dream :D

RR

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Very sorry to hear this! Glad to hear that he saw it coming and had presence of mind to get moving! Could have been much worse otherwise! Hope you heal quickly!

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Holy crap, where was San's karma when he needed it!?!?

Get to the Dr. and get checked! The scoot can be repaired or replaced, hopefully ASAP.

Freaking cagers.

I'm sending karma, take care TB and Jimy, let me know if there's anything I can do from here.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Damn, damn, damn!

On a side note, if the other driver was DUI, track down the prosecutor that will be handling the case, introduce yourself and let him/her know you will be watching the status of the case.

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
I NEVER come to rider down. Don't like it, don't read it.
Always made a reply or 2 when the post was scrolling by on the old board, but never open this forum, for personal reasons.
Never thought I'd me in a title here, but life goes on.

The girl that hit me was a HOT young blonde bombshell from Holland. But I could SMELL the alcohol on her, and, apparentley, so could the Highway Patrol officer... who handcuffed her and hauled her hot asz to jail.

I remember Lori posting that she saw a pickup truck closing in on her and she did a 'screaming wheelie" to get out of the way. I had just seen she wasn't gonna stop, and gunned it to move, but everything seems in slow motion now, that I just started moving when I heard her tires skidding and that only lasted a half second or so before I heard that crunch and next thing I remeber was rolling to a stop on the pavement.

My beautiful bike that I was falling in love with is smashed.
It really sux.

Tronbunny came to rescue me. I love you tronbunny! She brought the camera, and took pics, but who wants to see a busted bike. Maybe later.

Now just have to make sure I'm 100% and then deal with the insurance companies.
Thought about calling Volusianator... he just had to deal with insurance guys... maybe give me an idea or 2.

I'm gonna go take a rest now, if I don't lose this headache by the time I wake up, I'll head into the Doctors.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts