Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now I'm scratching my head. When cold, bike starts with just the slight pull (1 notch) on choke, and will scoot down the road with what seems like plenty of power. As soon as it warms up a bit however, it starts to surge a little, and power falls flat, and no adjustment seems to help. When totally warmed up, the bike hits a super low idle and dies. No amount of idle adjustment screw fiddling will stop this. Am I doing something wrong or is this carb got serious issues?
I'm against a wall because I have no idea what the previous owner did or didn't do to the carb. They said it was kitted and set by a shop, and it was super clean when I pulled it apart to look at it. But, doesn't it seem odd that a shop would kit the carb but not drill the plug so it could be adjusted outside after?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Edit. for first time lookers, it's a 2003 Intruder Volusia Trike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, I must be getting old. Had a brain fart and I'm sitting here thinking of the worst scenario's, wife gently reminded me of something. Did you shoot a little starting fluid at it and see if it changed she asked? Duh... that is carb troubleshooting 101. Ran out to the garage and fired that baby up and gave a little concentrated squirt. Bingo, instant rev. looks like tomorrow it's pull the tank (again) and start hunting vacuum leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts