Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,734 Posts
This guy makes some good points about the R18.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
This guy makes some good points about the R18.

I don’t think they plan on selling a bunch. It’s just a very cool bike. His points are nonsense except the foot peg position... which could be a deal killer... but I haven’t ridden it yet. The way I want to have it done will simply be the ultimate cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,734 Posts
That was the biggest revelation to me. The boxer engine hanging out of the sides seems to make it rather awkward to ride.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
That was the biggest revelation to me. The boxer engine hanging out of the sides seems to make it rather awkward to ride.
Oh no, nothing rides like a boxer. The low balanced cog makes it the best riding bike on earth. The only thing I worry about is being 6’2 and the foot pegs.

Of course .... if I ever see one...I’ve been told I can have my bobbed, hand pin striped tractor seat bike with black beach combers for 19.8k... next spring. Thanks COvid

Oh well I have new tires on the GS and maintenance done to cross the 100,000 mile mark this season....

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Dun dun dunnn

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
So you gonna pull the trigger Mr. E???

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So you gonna pull the trigger Mr. E???
At the moment I can’t. There is a design flaw with the bike. The foot peg position cannot be changed and, at my height, the bike is very difficult to ride. My knees are nearly above the tank and my legs are very cramped. The cylinder heads are huge! BMW is working on solutions.

·
Super Moderator
28,734 Posts
Well, I guess you can't have cool looks and comfort. 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well, I guess you can't have cool looks and comfort.
This is past comfort... it’s actually a little painful :). I want one so I hope they do something... never buy he first year of anything..l

·
Super Moderator
28,734 Posts
I agree with that first year rule. I don't touch the first gen of anything if I can help it.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts