Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Looks cool. I really don't see people buying it though...the retro Indian was rejected by their followers (even though I prefer the skirted fenders), hence why Indian came out with models that look like Harleys and they have been gaining share.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks cool. I really don't see people buying it though...the retro Indian was rejected by their followers (even though I prefer the skirted fenders), hence why Indian came out with models that look like Harleys and they have been gaining share.
Nothing Indian makes looks like Harley’s bikes. They have all the little details. The M18 is truly a throwback. I think it is truly a niche bike for vintage bike lovers. I’m truly old school, most modern cruiser designs look like parts bikes to me. The retro Indians, Triumphs and this BMW are really cool and look like cruisers looked in the 30s and 40s, which is when motorcycles really looked cool.

My Harley just looks the way a motorcycle should look. Since I’m getting out of touring, I want an everyday bike that looks like a motorcycle. Now, that’s if I can make the foot pegs work, since they can’t be used.

But if they sell 100 or 200... I’m good with that and so is BMW. The GS and the sport bikes make up their entire production capability and the GS is now the most sold model of motorcycle ever. I’m perfectly happy not riding what everyone else has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
Nothing Indian makes looks like Harley’s bikes. They have all the little details. The M18 is truly a throwback. I think it is truly a niche bike for vintage bike lovers. I’m truly old school, most modern cruiser designs look like parts bikes to me. The retro Indians, Triumphs and this BMW are really cool and look like cruisers looked in the 30s and 40s, which is when motorcycles really looked cool.

My Harley just looks the way a motorcycle should look. Since I’m getting out of touring, I want an everyday bike that looks like a motorcycle. Now, that’s if I can make the foot pegs work, since they can’t be used.

But if they sell 100 or 200... I’m good with that and so is BMW. The GS and the sport bikes make up their entire production capability and the GS is now the most sold model of motorcycle ever. I’m perfectly happy not riding what everyone else has.

Wut?! No love for the RT and LT? I'd bet BMW sells more of those than the RR.

The GS is extremely popular. You can tell by driving by a Starbucks on a sunny weekend. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
57,615 Posts

More GS than Street Glides?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts