Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I like everything but the exhaust, despite it being an accurate throwback look. Big fan of the forks and black spoked rims.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Looks cool. I really don't see people buying it though...the retro Indian was rejected by their followers (even though I prefer the skirted fenders), hence why Indian came out with models that look like Harleys and they have been gaining share.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks cool. I really don't see people buying it though...the retro Indian was rejected by their followers (even though I prefer the skirted fenders), hence why Indian came out with models that look like Harleys and they have been gaining share.
Nothing Indian makes looks like Harley’s bikes. They have all the little details. The M18 is truly a throwback. I think it is truly a niche bike for vintage bike lovers. I’m truly old school, most modern cruiser designs look like parts bikes to me. The retro Indians, Triumphs and this BMW are really cool and look like cruisers looked in the 30s and 40s, which is when motorcycles really looked cool.

My Harley just looks the way a motorcycle should look. Since I’m getting out of touring, I want an everyday bike that looks like a motorcycle. Now, that’s if I can make the foot pegs work, since they can’t be used.

But if they sell 100 or 200... I’m good with that and so is BMW. The GS and the sport bikes make up their entire production capability and the GS is now the most sold model of motorcycle ever. I’m perfectly happy not riding what everyone else has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
Nothing Indian makes looks like Harley’s bikes. They have all the little details. The M18 is truly a throwback. I think it is truly a niche bike for vintage bike lovers. I’m truly old school, most modern cruiser designs look like parts bikes to me. The retro Indians, Triumphs and this BMW are really cool and look like cruisers looked in the 30s and 40s, which is when motorcycles really looked cool.

My Harley just looks the way a motorcycle should look. Since I’m getting out of touring, I want an everyday bike that looks like a motorcycle. Now, that’s if I can make the foot pegs work, since they can’t be used.

But if they sell 100 or 200... I’m good with that and so is BMW. The GS and the sport bikes make up their entire production capability and the GS is now the most sold model of motorcycle ever. I’m perfectly happy not riding what everyone else has.

Wut?! No love for the RT and LT? I'd bet BMW sells more of those than the RR.

The GS is extremely popular. You can tell by driving by a Starbucks on a sunny weekend. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
61,768 Posts

More GS than Street Glides?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Expand on this "getting out of touring", please.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
More GS than Street Glides?
More GS than any model of motorcycle ever Beez

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Expand on this "getting out of touring", please.
I am retiring from long distance riding. I want to finish lincoln highway and just putter around locally

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wut?! No love for the RT and LT? I'd bet BMW sells more of those than the RR.

The GS is extremely popular. You can tell by driving by a Starbucks on a sunny weekend.
I like the RT but a GS just does everything the RT does better. Noone liked the LT, the 6 cylinders replaced them

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
I'm thinking E's making stuff up.

The Super Cub is the best selling of all time, and Honda is the best selling manufacturer, but Honda sells more dirt bikes to get that title. It seems impossible to find actual figures, but searching around it looks like the 1000RR is the best selling BMW, not the GS. The GS series may sell more put together, but that would be all versions.

Harley seems to sell more road bikes in the US, but their numbers actually suck in other countries, so I doubt they're the top worldwide.

The US is actually one of the worst countries for motorcycle sales. I'd bet that either India or Thailand are the biggest buyers, and they go for small bikes, below 500cc. If I were betting on it, I'd guess the top selling bike is either a Honda CB or a Kawasaki Ninja. Maybe the CB125 or Ninja 400.

Show me actual stats and I'll believe otherwise.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm thinking E's making stuff up.

The Super Cub is the best selling of all time, and Honda is the best selling manufacturer, but Honda sells more dirt bikes to get that title. It seems impossible to find actual figures, but searching around it looks like the 1000RR is the best selling BMW, not the GS. The GS series may sell more put together, but that would be all versions.

Harley seems to sell more road bikes in the US, but their numbers actually suck in other countries, so I doubt they're the top worldwide.

The US is actually one of the worst countries for motorcycle sales. I'd bet that either India or Thailand are the biggest buyers, and they go for small bikes, below 500cc. If I were betting on it, I'd guess the top selling bike is either a Honda CB or a Kawasaki Ninja. Maybe the CB125 or Ninja 400.

Show me actual stats and I'll believe otherwise.
Not making it up, that is across all gs models, but still. Not the super cub. The s1000rr is a best seller now... but we’re talking historical figures

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
If you're going to ball all of the GS models together and talk historical figures, you better come with some data to back it up. It's well known that the Super Cub is the best selling model of all time, and if you're going to ball all models together, I would lay dollars to donuts that the Honda CB series and the Kawasaki Ninja series both blow the GS away.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry Mr. E...but the Honda Supercub has sold more than any other model ever....in 2017, the 100,000,000 (100 million) supercub was made. The supercub has been sold for 55 years. Honda, even in the slow down, is still selling 12,000,000 (12 million) bikes per year worldwide...

21 - 40 of 57 Posts