Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my steel spikes to mod my front fender and went out to pull it off and discovered that I needed to remove the front wheel to do the job and I didn't have any way of getting Stella off the ground so I told her "you wait right here" I ran down to Sears and BAM! She's airborn!
I will have some pics of the spiked up fender soon! I am stricken with the sickness....it was nearly 28 yrs since I had the fever last and now that I have started riding again and working on the bike I have it bad!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the first things that I will be doing while working on the front end is get rid of those tiny bicycle reflectors! I got rid of the rear ones when I did the license plate move and now I am coming for the front ones!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Looking great so far. I will have to check into how you did the tail light move. And I also like your solo luggage rack very much.
Those jacks are indespensible. I got one from Pep Boys for about $50 10 years ago and have just about worn it out.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
One of the first things that I will be doing while working on the front end is get rid of those tiny bicycle reflectors! I got rid of the rear ones when I did the license plate move and now I am coming for the front ones!
Get the Harley stick on fork leg reflectors. As seen below.

Oh, and just a word of advice, get a ratchet strap to hold the bike on the lift, wouldn't want it to fall off.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx 03volusiarider... that was just a test run on the jack. It actually came with two ratchet straps so when I get ready to start wrenchin the ole girl will be strapped down tight :)

·
Pearly Gates Chapter
4,789 Posts
Get the Harley stick on fork leg reflectors. As seen below.

Oh, and just a word of advice, get a ratchet strap to hold the bike on the lift, wouldn't want it to fall off.
Good advice....Hey Mark, I could have those HD reflectors sitting in my tools box,have to double check....You may have them......Checking back...D

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nice looking swing arm bag, it's fun to mod it to be you're own, enjoy.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx! When I took the bags off of her that side was so bare and I didn't have any storage capabilities so I got the swing arm bag and the front fork bag so now I am good to go. I don't do the long haul thing so I don't need to carry much. I have that little rear fender rack in case I HAVE to carry something too big for the little bags. I am enjoying the mods and each thing I do makes her a little more me.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
What swing arm bag do you have, and how did you attach it? (I have a "Viking" swing arm bag, but never did attach it! Still NIB!)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the bag on ebay by Willie & Max and it came with hook & loop straps that I attached to the swing arm. It didn't seem like it was going to work but once I got it on there it looks good to me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.