Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
would be nice to give him another feeding but unless the weather in Ct on Monday is like the weather here in Knoxville today...50's... shame...suppose to be in the 60's here on Friday I believe...suppose to be doing some hiking with Jen in the Smoky Mts...definitely looking forward next year to riding my mc here on one of my visits. Can see a lot of miles being logged next year being retired and all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Defending Champ back again. sorry i have been busy with holiday stuff and have not logged in for a week or so. catching up on the shenanigans now.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)
Thursday..the 27th

another beautiful day here in the south..low 60's...sunny...short sleeve weather...wouldn’t be hard to take living here either...san diego couple weeks ago...tenn this week... can see this routine this time of year in the future… only thing missing is the wife with me in both places...is what it is I guess for now…

decided to do some local sightseeing on my own while Jen was working...passed this place along my travels

friendly owners

shame I didn’t have my camera...interesting old mc’s used as decorations inside… after an hour of browsing, fed their cash register with $100 worth of mc related paraphernalia

for me

for the lady back home

will be back on my next visit to Tenn to do some more shopping and take the pics I missed this time around here in the store…

overall nice day...would rather have been exploring the area on the mc but hopefully soon.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
monday...dec 31

so got back late sunday and while todays 40 temps allowed for riding...no way was 200 miles going to happen, so decided to keep the wife company and start the new year off outside the dog house.

So a tip of the hat to PickleDude...back to back winner of this contest...leaving a somewhat bitter taste due to the fact that December did allow for many riding chances I missed due to 2 weeks worth of being away from home.

Is what it is...fortunately the peanut gallery was privy to some entertainment, at the expense of Paraquat, who also was guilty of some lame attempt at trying to phenagle his guess at the last minute… good try... but no cigar...

so 2018 officially ends at 59,852...PickleDudes guess at 59,900 takes the checkered flag. Congrats. Its been fun...thanx all for giving me a reason to saddle up when most are putting the ride to bed for the season. PickleMan...pm me your address so I can eventually send you that much sought aftered prize...

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Don't forget to taste each one before sending them out.......like you did mine..:biglaugh:
believe that was the neighborhood racoon who I left it outside on the back deck for to put his lick of approval on them before sending them to you. Which reminds me...…..

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Happy New Year to you too Bob...shame I couldn't have snuck a trip or two in December up your way...could have made the AxMan very happy and very busy.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
52 degrees Dennis....you should be celebrating New Years with a ride.....I might.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
just got in from playing a round of golf...did notice a lot of mc's on the road on my way to the course...tough decision to pass on the ride but golfing buddy called last nite to ask me to join him... looks like the end of the week will present some days to get out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you for the entertainment. It was a blast as always. It is so great to have this community here. Ill shot you a PM, Just like the 90's Bulls im shooting for a 3 peat. If that happens i am changing my profession and joining the circus as the guess your weight guy.
Thanks again great pictures and always feels like it keeps the season alive a little longer.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
No 3 peat for Pickledsugar - you won't have to change your profession.

Guess yesterdays 16" snowstorm killed any chance of Dennis continuing his traditional end of year contest, (which he forgot to start before the snow - guess he's too busy being retired).

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
not too bad this way...more like 4-6...rain helped keep it low...decidied to pass this year on the contest considering the lack of riding I actually did this season..believe right now there is a little over 66k on the dial...so finished last year at close to 60k...somewhere in the neighborhood of 6k for the year...usually around half of what I would have expected...would have to say probably my worst year...did put a lot of miles on the wheels of my push cart walking the golf courses this year...add the 2 together, may have hit that 12k mark...yes...it is nice being retired,,,especially yesterday where everyone was out snowblowing and I chose to stay in the recliner, coffee in hand, laptop on my lap, Jim Brickman playing in the backround, wife staying out of my hair playing with all her cooking machines that are taking over the basement...should get outside at some point today and clean the snow I guess...did take the mc up the road Saturday after getting back from playing a round to top off the tank and add some stabil as the continuing reports of snow coming served as a good reminder to take care of end of the riding season prep work. So, after pretty much taking a year off from riding, 6k .. hopefully resume some normal riding next season. Have a great holiday season all.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts