Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
thought to ponder beez… you and Pig Pen

are very similar...a cloud of dirt follows him wherever he goes...while a cloud of smoke follows you wherever you go...in both instances...both clouds leaves the both of you with smiles on your faces....one of those hmmmmmmm things I guess.

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Friday...the 21st

so looks like it really didn't matter where I was today as the skies opened up early this morning and never really stopped...lotsa rain on the island and just getting home now to apparently similar conditions here...tommorrows forecast showing possibilities of some wetness but going to stick closed to home to take advantage of any chance to occupy the saddle.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
62 degrees here today. Guess kept it wet so you wouldn't get any ideas.

I think he wants to see you head to the gallows.

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)
sat...the 23rd

ok...didn't matter I had to stay on the island Friday, rained all day anyway...heavy at times too...did leave lots of puddles … so took care of business this morning I had planned on taking care of Friday before taking a ride which never would have been taken anyway...but business had to be done regardless so got up early, headed out and by early afternoon...2:15 was returning to the ranch to suit up and head out for a cruise.

Temps supposedly 40, but strong winds made it feel like 30.... but rideable none the less...lots of traffic locally...obvious lots of procrastinators doing their last minute xmas shopping... everyone rushing... no one paying attention... head to farm country to get away from the craziness. Make mental note to be aware that as temps drop, strong possibility the puddles may become ice patches.

Overall days ride goes well...find myself hitting the driveway, pressing the garage door opener button on the handlebar...clock showing 4:40...window shows

survey says...92 miles for the days ride...yep...good day...I'll take it...thank you to the ZMan for the opportunity to get in the saddle. Quick peek at the weather forecast tells me tommorrow...weather permitting...as of now...looks rideable...also...a quick glance at the guessing chart more importantly informs me

will finally be stepping to the platform. Sorry to say Paraquat, but I think your time has come. Believe your guess expires at the 59815 mark...hate to be the bearer of bad news...but tommorrow

looks like the word is out...tickets still available...standing room only...

till tommorrow...

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Sun is out, wind has died down. Sounds like just a ride to the coffee shop brings Paraquat to the gallows, and saves the monkey from sacrificing his tail.

I think the monkey was sweating this one out, time for a banana or two.

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
sunday,,,dec 23

so decided to pack the car and get things ready for my trip to Tenn before heading out for a ride before leaving...temps showed mid 30's but with the sun shining, and the lack of any wind, felt more like low 40's... like yesterday, any lack of driving etiquette by last minute shoppers had me heading where no stores could be found and a few ticks on the plus side of an hour from when I left had me returning to my driveway and taking one last glance at the window before shutting the ride down...

well how about that...looks like i'll be saved the embarrassment of failing to provide any entertainment in this years contest...so Paraquat front and center please...

any last words...didn't think so...so lets not keep the man waiting any longer than necessary...

yep...hate to see the crowd go home disappointed...

so that said...lets see who's up next....hmmm...looks like PickleDude...last years winner...his guess 59900...gives him a grace period till 60072...thats just a little more than 200 miles...interesting...if I get back in time...and the weather cooperates...never say never...may want to bring your suit to the cleaners PickleDude...just in case...

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Looks like you caught the monkey on a technical foul....he did tell you to repost your guess with the actual number.

There's a little monkey business going on around here :)

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
He's figuring out how to sew the head back on.

He was pretty quick to swing the axe.

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I'm changing mine to 59,730
I don't see you riding that much more this season.
post 10, your original was good till post 30 negated that guess... thanx steve for taking one for the team and giving this contest some credibility...have a great Xmas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get out there riding!!! My jellybean stash was depleted this weekend, and I'd rather put out stale ones for the guests than buying good ones...

·
Super Moderator
19,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
will be an interesting finish but realisticly looking ahead, PickleDude may get to retain the crown...will be here in Tenn till Saturday, leaving early but more than likely getting home late sunday… leaves 1 day for cruising and with temps looking like they'll be in the low 30's...a 200+ mile day is not something I would bet the mortgage on...stranger things have happened but if I were PickleDude, I would feel comfortable sending out invitations for a jelly bean eating party after the new year comes in.

·
Registered
19,704 Posts
Dont plan that party. Dennis has a way of "feeding the axman first " . I don't blame him, I don't want him showing up at my house.

201 - 220 of 235 Posts