Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
sunday...the 9th

woke up to clear skies and temps forecasted for the mid 30’s...by noon, do a scout run of the roads in the 4 wheels to make sure road conditions favorable...find them ok and by 1:30 turning the key and heading up the driveway hoping to get 60 minutes of riding in for the day…

next town up the road pretty much confirms predicted weather,

although feels more like low 30’s...and with the Gerbings proving worthy of the investment, find myself extending my 60 minutes to 90 minutes and a glance at the window as I return to the homestead shows

65 miles for the day...and with the temps dropping fast...a good day.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Monday...the 10th

temps pretty much the same as yesterday...mid 30's...sunny...rideable. Morning errands has me returning home by 1, changing into riding gear, contemplating the 3/4 for a second but deciding the full face fared better yesterday..mounted the ride leaving the garage by 1:40.

Roads showing lots of powder, one more thing to do now when I get back...wash and rinse. Thruout the ride find myself wondering /wishing the The Tubby Guy in the Red Suit finds it in his big red bag some decent riding days left when I get back next Monday...heading to the west coast...San Diego ...tomorrow morning...noticed this morning on checking the weeks forecast here in Ct... Friday thru next Monday mid 40's in the forecast...would be nice to come back to the east coast to rideable conditions...

Do notice a few glazed spots in the days riding, but traveling at a speed allowing me to make the necessary maneuvers to avoid those spots, the ride goes well and a few minutes more than 2 hours from when I left, I find myself in my driveway heading back into the garage...check the window...

survey says..71 miles for the day...suddenly we have a game...less than 100 miles...59,815 is the number to watch for...someone keep an eye on Paraquat while I'm gone...

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Thursday...the 13th

morning from sunny san diego… can see why folks find themselves anchored into this part of the country...spent yesterday morning just enjoying the landscape outside the city limits...needless to say passing mc after mc... probably oblivious to the fact how lucky they are...did have a chat w/some guy...50 something... at a gas station about my enjoyment temps wise from where I left from...turns out he's from Manchester NH and came out here for a visit some years ago...went home...sold his house and settled here never looking back. Misses parts of the east coast living but says its hard to compare riding w/the top down then waking up to 2 feet of snow this time of year... been keeping an eye on the weather back east and looks like Zeuss has been friendly so it looks like a strong possibility there may be one, hopefully 2 finding their way to center stage...

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Snow and Ice today Dennis.....stay there!!!

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
I don't care if he ever comes back! He's like a thorn in my backside! His kids keep moving further and further away to try and get away from him never thinking he would retire before Barbara. :p

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
miss you too Beez… I will never leave the east coast...there would be no one to make your day miserable ...key to retirement is to find something you enjoy doing and can somehow do the world some good. Maybe I'll move next door to you.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Friday...the 14th

must be in a cold spell...right now 57...peaking out today at 69...heading out to play some golf with my son...san diego still reminds me of Long Island...strip mall after strip mall after strip mall...people here really don't pay attention to lights...they turn red...3 cars still go thru them... on the plus side...even when its not commuter traffic, no ones in a rush...gas out here running about $3.50 a gallon...bout a dollar more than back home...is what it is... the babes...reason enough alone to move out here... can see myself making more than one trip a year out here now that "R" arrived...don't know if the daughter in law is crazy bout that but love spending time with the kids and finding new ways to be a bad example... guess its grandpa's job to teach the little girls a little rough, tough & tumble can be a lot of fun. Not all boys are going to want just the prim & proper...fun regardless. Will send some warm weather east to hopefully get the roads rideable by Tuesday...have a good weekend all.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
got back late late Monday, for that matter early Tuesday morning...just in time to not even unpack and head to Long Island with the wife to assist her with some family issues...still here on the island and hopefully be leaving tonite to head back to Ct...Zeuss did his job giving me some great riding days right now and coming up over the weekend so hopefully be able to take advantage at least Friday and Saturday before heading to Tenn to spend Xmas with my partner in crime...daughter Jen...plan is to be back hopefully over next weekend allowing me a few more chances to do some riding weather permitting. Keeping fingers crossed all goes well today allowing us to head home. Later gang.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Thursday...the 20th

still on the island...sucks...was hoping to be home by now...won't be leaving till tomorrow afternoon now...not happy...looks like Saturday only for riding...shame circumstances are what they were...seems like weather-wise, riding days were doable this month ...between the west coast trip and this LI horsesh*t, I lost 11 days...nevermind the upcoming trip to Tenn hoping to return in time to sneak in at least 2 days of riding if the Zeuss doesn't wake up with a hair across his a**… I sound like the Grinch I know, but when it comes to riding...nevermind...guess if this is the biggest problem going on in my life I should be grateful....still....so if I can still sneak in 3 days.....guess its "Take it 1 day at a time".

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Hang in there Dennis.
It could always be worse.
Don't forget you have been blessed many times over.
Smile and don't let any of it get you down.
Rise above it, my friend.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Hang in there Dennis.
It could always be worse.
Don't forget you have been blessed many times over.
Smile and don't let any of it get you down.
Rise above it, my friend.
hope all is well your way...hows the weather up there? Barb & I wish you & Sherri a happy holiday...

181 - 200 of 235 Posts