Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably time to upgrade mine, it didn't have lifetime maps when I bought it and it's about as cheap to upgrade as it is to buy maps.

I'd go with Garmin 'cause that's what I'm used to.

I don't use it a lot but am going to lead a couple of rides this summer.

Do ALL Garmin models accept Point of Interest custom routing ?

Is there an "easiest" way to accomplish custom routes ?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
March 2012

If you look at a particular model on the Garmin website, click on the SPECS tab and check if there is a number beside the ROUTES entry. Any model that lists 10 or 100 in the Routes field will accept custom Routes from Mapsource. Note that for many of the newer models the Route goes into the Trip Planner on the Nuvi which may not be what your used to on older Garmin units.

Of the 16 models shown on the Garmin site as Current/New models, only the very low end Nuvi 30, 40 and 50 will not have route transfer from Mapsource support.

The above was written in 2012. You will have to check for newer models.

Do a search on Google using the same phrase you used here and you will find answers as to which units except routes.

Garmin no longer supports Mapsource. They now support BaseCamp and it is free to download. Takes a little time to get used to but works very will. I have been using it for 1 1/2 years and have planned some large trips for my motorcycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts