Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Volusia 800 Blue/Gray
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I just wanted to say thank you to those who have posted questions and answers on this site. I have found this to be an excellent source for both information and entertainment. A couple months ago, I purchased a used 2004 Volusia with 10k miles. Except for an aftermarket throttle lock it is bone stock. I added inexpensive soft bags to carry rain gear for my commute to work and a wireless charging cell phone holder. I have recently adjusted the idle up a bit as it was struggling to keep a steady idle (used my high tech auditory tachometer – ears) and ran some Seafoam through the tank last week. Now she idles smoother with far less drama when cold and my derriere dyno tells me I gained back some of the power being robbed by hidden gum in the carb. The next thing I am looking to due is add better lighting up front. I haven’t decided yet on what to do there, but I am mulling over some options (hint, a fancy chrome light bar isn’t in the budget.)
I am posting this, because I am not mechanically inclined and this site has helped tremendously already!
So a hearty thank you to all!
Grumpy out

·
Super Moderator
25,237 Posts
glad some info you found here has helped,,,there really is some helpful hints and how to's posted by members who are very tech savy...me not one of them...personally would keep an eye on the for sale section here,,,you'll find some members occasionally piecing out their rides either from an accident or just trying to recoup some of the money they spent on their rides before putting it up for sale..another option is ebay...several different models also you'll find available for the volusia...a lite bar is pretty much a no brainer for me...not only gives one better visibilty at nite if you do nite time cruising but also makes you more visible to oncoming traffic in the daytime...many years ago I passed another mc coming the other way who had yellow lenses on his litebar lamps...really stood out and have been riding with that method ever since...just another safety feature that may catch the eye of oncoming traffic. Good luck and sure others like yourself not looking to break the bank will offer suggestions they have found has worked for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts