Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and the bike is now shifting smooth as silk!!! It turns out the nut around the adjustment screw had come loose. Followed the directions in the pdf and now, no more "sticking" when downshifting. And the "clunk" when I used to shift is now a "click". Thanks to everyone who posted for all the great advice and tips!

Still going to change the oil/filter though, everyone around here uses AMSoil, but I also have heard good things about Rotella. Anyone wanting to comment on the best oil? Are K&N oil filters better than AMSoil filters?

Thanks again for all your input, love this site... (a dealer probably would have told me I needed a new clutch, just did an adjustment, then billed me for the new clutch)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
What you've got in it is pretty good stuff IMHO I run V-twin synthetic 20W50 with 10% Lucas HD oil stabilizer...it's all I've ever run over the past 150K+ miles...bike seems to like it and when it comes out it ain't thin (feels like it still has some life left in it).

Brace yourself oil threads can get pretty rowdy round here :p

As to oil filters... Fram, in everything I own.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I use Royal Purple oil and Fram filter.
Glad you got it up and running! I run around like a chicken with its head cut off till I find a way to fix my baby when she's "sick"

·
Registered
138 Posts
and the bike is now shifting smooth as silk!!! It turns out the nut around the adjustment screw had come loose. Followed the directions in the pdf and now, no more "sticking" when downshifting. And the "clunk" when I used to shift is now a "click". Thanks to everyone who posted for all the great advice and tips!
Your welcome.:-D
I'm "super" happy that the pdf helped you get it fixed.:)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts

Still going to change the oil/filter though, everyone around here uses AMSoil, but I also have heard good things about Rotella. Anyone wanting to comment on the best oil? Are K&N oil filters better than AMSoil filters?

Thanks again for all your input, love this site... (a dealer probably would have told me I needed a new clutch, just did an adjustment, then billed me for the new clutch)
Glad you got that worked out.
I use Rotella or Rotella T6 if I want synthetic in my bikes.
A K&N is a really good filter, and IMO I wouldn't put a Fram on my lawnmower much less my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts