Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my riding (and driving) days are done for a while.
so i was riding home from work the other day and i got sideswiped before entering an intersection. luckily i was only going approx 25 mph.

it's an experience that i'll never forget. i was wearing full gear and a half shell. once i was hit, i was pushed over two lanes. next thing i know, my right boot is missing. it was in a lot of pain, but i was able to move it because i was afraid it was broken. a couple of guys ran up to help, i was able to stand on my right foot for second, but couldn't stand. before i know it, three police cars and an ambulance were on site. and not even a minute later, i'm in the back of an ambulance leaving the scene for the hospital.

couple hours later, it's confirmed, i have four broken metatarsals. going back to the hospital on friday to get a consult for surgery to have my bones realigned with pins and screws.

insurance guys will be at my house to take my bike for inspection and assess the damage. and it seems that i'll be resting with my foot elevated for the next month or two.

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
Wow...
What a nightmare. .... so glad you are able to tell us about it. It could have been so much worse.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, looking back at the scenario, it could have been much worse, i was pushed over two lanes into oncoming traffic. and there was an off duty officer right behind me.

sounds like i'll be out of riding for at least 3-4 months

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
glad to read you are able to write about it...into oncoming traffic...not good...hope the mending goes well...I guess if one has to be laid up...San Diego would have to be at the top of the list of places to be. Good luck and take care.

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
Shoot, brother. Not a lot of fun, but you could have come away in far worse shape. Here's to the gear!!

Rest, and heal up. Suzuki made more than one C50, so you can get a replacement if you have to.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Hope for a fast recovery.

Therapy sux, but it's the only way to a full recovery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
GEAR GEAR GEAR. man I'm sorry to hear this. It seems like cagers see right through us. with all the texting and multitasking these days...Heal FAST

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
Nobody thinks about the gear they wear until it comes time to put it to the ultimate test. Good to hear yours worked.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
33,484 Posts
Nobody thinks about the gear they wear until it comes time to put it to the ultimate test. Good to hear yours worked.
I think about it. The problem is that I won't know how well it is going to work until it's too late.

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
needed to rely on my gear twice...both times did what they were designed to do,,,save me from serious injury...walked away from both instances ...spend the money on quality gear...its an investment on your life.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.