Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Ive allways thought this looks good but seems to me water would make its way in there and start a rust problem ??

·
Registered
219 Posts
That was my next question. If it was welded on or something I would not worry, but if it is somehow glued or stuck on, wouldn't it provide an area for water to build?

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
There has been many that have done the trim and I've yet to see a thread that reported a rust problem.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
LOL, used to be an old time poster here that always said "friends don't let friends put door trim on their tanks". But it looks good on yours.

I've got a black tank and found some black trim at an upholstery shop. Got it on the tank and on the speedo housing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They sell chrome tank trim kits on ebay for $30 for boulevards...What do you want to bet they are made from the same $4 chrome door trim I ordered?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've used it to trim my tank and front and rear fenders..its been on for over a year and have had no rust...only compliments. I personally like the look..cheap way to add shine.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I had it on mine for 3 years. Still there. looks god on Silver. It's now on my trike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts