Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed the plastic "intruder" emblem on my tank and am now looking for somthing to replace it with. Im thinkin I like the "skull thing" ( I know its origional) but my bike is a 2001 black/blue so I want to keep dark colors to go against the blue of the tank. Anyone see anything cool out there, again, want to stay dark blue, black, grey, you get the idea. Also what about plastic or metal emblems?? I think I like the side profile of the skull with flames behind it. Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
Autozone has some new chrome, bendable emplems that include the iron cross, skulls and flames.

You can also go on ebay and type in "emblems" and there are 18,000's of them on there.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Also at Autozone there are some DIY Ghost Flames I think I may try on the tank and front fender. I just wonder if anyone else has tried these flames?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
darrinhayesps....

I'm thinking about taking the "Intruder" emblem of my Volusia as well. How did you go about taking it off and was there any problems?

Thxs
EdEh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very easy, bought a plastic putty knife (2 inch wide) waited till a 70 degree day and without prying, pushed the edge of the putty knife all the way under the emblem from one end to the other. It came off very easy, then I used 3M adhesive remover to remove the double sided tape

·
Registered
148 Posts
thxs for the info...now I just have to wait for a month so the temp can get up to 70 degrees... :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you have a garage just turn on the heat, i actually cranked up the gas grill in the garage for a few hours and seemed to work fine

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
putty knife?????????????????

try a hairdryer and fishing line or even dental floss... the intruder is on there with double sided tape....

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
aVOL2 said:

try a hairdryer and fishing line or even dental floss... the intruder is on there with double sided tape....
^^^^^^^^^^

edited
what the poster above said

:p

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Boxwrench said:
aVOL2 said:

^^^^^^^^^^
what she said
LOL I was gonna say WTF.,.. but I decided that would be to bold.. LOL

really dental floss or fishing line will work good..... honest :) without the possibility of damaging the paint or denting the tank..

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's one of the things I find cool about Forums. Learning neat ways to do things.
Dental floss or fishing line makes perfect sense.
Thxs for the input!

EdEh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you want to mess around for 2 hours with it use the floss and hairdryer, (dont get to hot) or if you want them off in 2 minutes, use the putty knife. Insert it (beveled edge) under the back porton of the emblem (there is a little space between the emblem and the tank creating a lip) Move horizontaly towards the front (narrow end of emblem towards the wider end) No SH*T this worked just fine, im sure the floss works also

·
Registered
174 Posts
darrinhayesps said:
if you want to mess around for 2 hours with it use the floss and hairdryer, (dont get to hot) or if you want them off in 2 minutes, use the putty knife. Insert it (beveled edge) under the back porton of the emblem (there is a little space between the emblem and the tank creating a lip) Move horizontaly towards the front (narrow end of emblem towards the wider end) No SH*T this worked just fine, im sure the floss works also
It does take a while, so it's up to you on what you are comfortable with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts