Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a tank bag to carry a few essentials: Notepad, keys, phone, kickstand coaster, oil-check mirror, compact camera.

I've never used a tank bag before, and I am concerned that any tank bag I order will be too big (considering the end of the tear-drop speedo housing). There just is not much "open space" on these tanks.

Anyone out there use one they can recommend? Any need to be concerned about covering the speedo teardrop with a tank bag (especially poor fit)?

Thanks,
Steve (aka Kotar)

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes, the C50T has saddlebags, which are great. But when I'm on the bike and need to grab something quick (garage door opener, kickstand coaster, or cell phone, for example) reaching back into the saddlebacks is not practical and my pockets fill up quickly. I am hoping to find an alternative reachable location for these "need them now" items.

I have considered the tank-bib with pocket, but the only ones I've seen are very small. I have not considered some of the other options mentioned.

I've also considered a small courier bag, but I don't really want a strap around my torso while I'm riding.

Maybe I should start a new post and rephrase the question as "Where do you put stuff that won't fit into your pockets, but you need it within reach?"

Steve

· Registered
2,229 Posts
I've been trying to find a windshield bag I like.

I have a Hopnel tank bib on mine. The pouch is big enough for sun glasses, phone charger, cell phone... only one at a time though.

The pouch is removable which is cool. I only recently found out it has a clear pocket on the outside so I could keep a notepad or a use SlowCruier's GPS* in it.

Otherwise a set of thermals, fingered gloves, safety glasses (for night riding) and my sunglass case stay in the bags. It's not worth messing around trying to pull stuff out and pack it away while riding.

(*Yellow Post-It notes)

· Registered
1,925 Posts
I took the tank bib and sewed a pouch on the middle of it. It was the large pouch off the Hopnel wind shield pouch. It created the tank bag that I wanted. Find a small velcro closing bag and have it sewn on at the shoe maker.
It is great for storing the camera, sunglasses, candy and things that I don't want to search through the saddle bags for.

I think that I have the C50 wind shield bag in the garage collecting dust.
I found that it rattled to much for my liking as well it didn't fit with my speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.