Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a more streamline tail light out there that will not require me to fill holes in the finder. I would like to get to a single tail light in center and bullets on the side. I have looked at alot of pics and they all look to require some body work.
thanks.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Old Skool lights

I was thinking the same,
Old Skool has a few things in the way of lights.
All I know is there are a lot of holes in the fender with the tail light off there.

...and Welcome to VR!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Integrated Taillight

I used a Integrated tailight with built in blinkers. I removed the blinkers from the rear completely and covered the holes where the blinkers were.
Then I moved the license plate to a side mount and covered the holes with license reflector bolts from Walmart. Pictures are in my photo gallery.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Re: Integrated Taillight

BWilson said:
I used a Integrated tailight with built in blinkers. I removed the blinkers from the rear completely and covered the holes where the blinkers were.
Then I moved the license plate to a side mount and covered the holes with license reflector bolts from Walmart. Pictures are in my photo gallery.
+1, only I moved the plate down to the base of the tail light housing, and am currently looking into getting a plate relocation hole cover that says it's for harleys, but if the measurements are right, It's going on my C50 also (no studs or screwing it on, goes on with adhesive tape.)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check out my gallery for my lights that I modified this winter. Filled no holes in the fender. You could use the two on the fender for the blinkers as well... I believe. I like them separate though and my bags are not coming off.

·
Registered
780 Posts
tail light mod

Yeah, WFburton159, real nice clean job! Being an electrician helps... Wish I had the know how to do that... :(

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
^ Dats COOL Man! 8)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I did a redo of the rear fender as well. I wanted to "unclutter" the stock look of the rear tail light assembly. I got a little involved....had to cut the metal bracket under the fender and do some hole filling. I also side mounted the plated using the chromed brackets from the stock rear reflectors. Pics in my gallery. Good Luck. My only advice is don't go for something because of convenience or ease. Figure out what you want and go for it.
http://www.volusiariders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=933

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice bikes.
Do you think with the blinkers being on the finder that a car can tell which way you are turning? Or are they too close together?

·
Registered
458 Posts
thats a good question. I had my friend follow me ans he said it was no issue. In the day as well as the night. But I do see your point.

I wanted a certain look and I kind of put safety secondary.....which is not right at all.

The tail light I used is 1928 Ford repro.....I thought it was different and kinda cool. The blinkers are lens woth fabricated sockets. I tried different intensity LEDs and others. I settled on standard blinker type bulbs. They give more than adequate intensity. Also like stock.....I do not have them connected to the running lights. So when one comes on you can really see it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i have yet to fill in the 2 little hole but this is what i have done

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the hard bag idea but I do not have hard bags. MXVIN I like the looks of what you have done.

·
Registered
458 Posts
trojanman said:
I like the hard bag idea but I do not have hard bags. MXVIN I like the looks of what you have done.
Thank you. Trying to go for something a little different. I like the clean uncluttered look. I wanted to adjust the paint scheme too but keep the stock colors. This way I didn't have to paint the tank!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i was thinking the same thing about my pait, the tank has the ghost tribal and its ok but the fenders have decals and I dont think they look that good. Tail lights first though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts