Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 vol i brought a barrons tach does the vol need a adtaper for single fire. it said the c50 does in the instructions thanks for your help..skully

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got the OEM tach that Suzuki discontinued for whatever reason and did not wire it according to the instructions. Researched the threads on this and made my own adapter using diodes from Radio Shack. Do a search on tachs. You can buy adapters already made up that use the same items for the single fire system for about $25.00. Got about $3.00 in mine and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I have an '04 and have the Baron's tach as well. I did not need any adapter. I beleive that it is the '05 and newer C50's that need the adapter because they are a different ignition system. If you don't have the adapter on the newer ones, your RPM will only read at 1/2 of actual.

You should be good to go, as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
canuckrider said:
I have an '04 and have the Baron's tach as well. I did not need any adapter. I beleive that it is the '05 and newer C50's that need the adapter because they are a different ignition system. If you don't have the adapter on the newer ones, your RPM will only read at 1/2 of actual.

You should be good to go, as far as I know.
you are correct.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an '08 and it needs the adapter. The instructions that came with the OEM tach are for '05 and up and tell you to tie the negative side of the coils together. I didn't even try that and went with adapter I made and all is good.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
'05 and up had changes made due to the FI. '04 and back are carbed and have the older system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info i got it hooked up and it works.. to bad its cold and snowing right now or i'd go for a ride and see how it works.. thanks skully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts