Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be ok to use synthetic oil in my C50. I run synthetic in everting I own but I didn't know if it would effect the clutch operation. Anyone else running synthetic oil in their C50 or C90?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Welcome to VR, from Lafayette, Indiana. We are running Mobil 1, 15-50, red cap, in our '04 Volusia and '06 C50. Runs good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it was ok but I wanted to make sure before I messed up a good thing. Looks like it would make the shifting a little smoother also, since it also lubricates the tranny.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm sticking with Mobil 1 V Twin 20W-50 synthetic in my 06...The bike runs great and shifts smooth and it's under $10 a quart still and one of the best oils out there!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
Been running Rotella-T Synthetic since the first oil change. I love it, especially the smooth shifting. No more clanking.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Okie said:
Been running Rotella-T Synthetic since the first oil change. I love it, especially the smooth shifting. No more clanking.
+2

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
silverc50cruisermedic said:
v01rider said:
Okie said:
+1
The Rotella synthetic doesn't meet the criteria to be used in the newer FI models...One of the longtime Suzuki techs told me to shy away from it IN MY 06 AND NOW I just use the Mobil 1...YMMV...??? I loved the Rotella though..
But, I bet your bike runs better with premium gas, pumped by a Christian on a HD? OK que up the horse again................. :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
synthetic oil

I have a 06 c50 . I talked to my suzuki dealer and tech about rotella synthetic oil. Said considering the job the oil does for the big rigs the oil should be great for the bikes.I use it with no prblems.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
The Rotella synthetic doesn't meet the criteria to be used in the newer FI models...One of the longtime Suzuki techs told me to shy away from it IN MY 06 AND NOW I just use the Mobil 1...YMMV...??? I loved the Rotella though..
:?: :?: :?:

What on earth has the engine oil to do with fuel injection or not ???? That oil lubricates the bearings, clutch, cams, and internal metal parts. How would these parts know (or care) how the fuel is being supplied to the combustion chamber?

The oil meets every standard that Suzuki is asking for in their owners manual and then some.

That you have to explain to me - Silver !!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
moenko said:
Okie said:
+2
+3

18,000 and change with no problems.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Silver, what did that long time tech you know suggested for oil? Maybe if Rotella said don't use our oil in your fuel injected C50, it might have more credability than a Suzuki tech........that gets part of his paycheck from Suzuki oil.

OK bring the horse back in.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Mort said:
v01rider said:
Okie said:
+1
But, I bet your bike runs better with premium gas, pumped by a Christian on a HD? OK que up the horse again................. :lol:

Wow! You're right,how'd ya know! :biglaugh: Who cares anyway.....Whatever works is good enough.... :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts