Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I have them Julie, well made and the fit is perfect. Installing is tedious, you have to take your time with this. There are a few springs and clips that are small, lots of pieces. But, that being said, anyone can do the install.

I suggest a card table or similiar surface up close to the bike when doing the install. This will make it easier to remove parts and you'll have someplace to set them down as you go. Maybe snap a picture with a digital camera once you open the switch halves.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I have a set hanging on the wall of the garage since last November. I'll get them put on one of these days. Taking apart that left side w/all the little springs etc just doesn't sound like fun.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shooterrex said:
I have a set hanging on the wall of the garage since last November. I'll get them put on one of these days. Taking apart that left side w/all the little springs etc just doesn't sound like fun.

Ride Safe,
Rex
LOL.. I had the heel toe shifter for 6 months before I put tht one on.. hahah

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheToolGuy said:
I have them Julie, well made and the fit is perfect. Installing is tedious, you have to take your time with this. There are a few springs and clips that are small, lots of pieces. But, that being said, anyone can do the install.

I suggest a card table or similiar surface up close to the bike when doing the install. This will make it easier to remove parts and you'll have someplace to set them down as you go. Maybe snap a picture with a digital camera once you open the switch halves.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Republiccycles on ebay is where i bought mine...i think they where 59 bucks

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Kuryakyn makes some that appear to attach over the existing housings. They don't have one for us, but the catalog that I got in the mail says something like, "More models coming soon." I'm not gonna go all, "Most popular cruiser of any size" on them, but let's hope that we're on the list!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts