Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in swapping my light bar (with the turn signals) for the OEM turn signals set?

I just bought this bike but don't care for the lights and want to put fork deflectors which is apparently impossible with those lights

I am ok with straight swap

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Boulavardman: It's your bike and you can obviously do whatever you like to it, but in my opinion, I'd keep the light bar and find the right lowers to fit. Mine has both and I'm a big fan of making myself as visible as possible to distracted drivers. Three lights are always better than one and the aux lights make a big difference in night riding. Just my 2 cents worth. (About what free advice is worth these days. LOL)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,674 Posts
agree with the above post...can never be visible enough... I have even tinted my light bar bulbs to yellow to make me stand out a little more...paranoid...possible.. overkill...maybe...but if helps...works for me.

Value accessories used to sell lowers for those who experienced the similar trouble you are having with the lowers. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
All I have to say is..... :duh:

Sometimes the simplest solutions elude us. LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you ALL for the replies. You guys are so helpful I think I'm really gonna like this forum! I now have to put on my thinking cap and figure out how to put on lowers AND keep the lights.
Pingone.....I really appreciate the offer but I'm gonna listen to those that know better.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Boulavardman: It's your bike and you can obviously do whatever you like to it, but in my opinion, I'd keep the light bar and find the right lowers to fit. Mine has both and I'm a big fan of making myself as visible as possible to distracted drivers. Three lights are always better than one and the aux lights make a big difference in night riding. Just my 2 cents worth. (About what free advice is worth these days. LOL)
I agree, you can't have too much light on the front! I swear by the highway lights and run with them on all the time! AND................I have a set of chrome lowers on that fit fine! Just make sure the turn signals are mounted in the rear most holes, not the forward ones, or else you're correct, the lowers won't fit

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Any possibility you give me the brand and model # of the ones you have on your bike?
Thanks
I would be happy to give you the particulars, but I bought them used from another member here on the forum. Sorry!

I’d go with the suggestion to mount the turn signals on the sides of the aux light mounts and you’ll have all the space you need to mount whatever lowers you like.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey, what size is your windshield? I just ordered a 18x16 today and I'm wondering how it'll look. It looks very similar to your picture.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, what size is your windshield?
My windshield is the OEM. it is 21H X 22.5W.
I like to look thru the shield and that one is too short (I am 5'8"). The top of the shield is right in my line of sight (even when pulled all the way up) so I ordered a new one. The new shield from 7Jurock is 25 X 24 ($180 shipped).

Then I put risers on and realized that I could have gone to 26 wide without the shield touching the brake reservoir.

Hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Hey, what size is your windshield? I just ordered a 18x16 today and I'm wondering how it'll look. It looks very similar to your picture.

My windshield is a National Cycles Switchblade 2 Up. Dimensions are Height: 20″-21-1/2″ / Width: 23″. It has a quick mount system to allow it to be taken on and off with ease. I really like it. Price is about $260 plus the specific mounting hardware.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My windshield is a National Cycles Switchblade 2 Up. Dimensions are Height: 20″-21-1/2″ / Width: 23″. It has a quick mount system to allow it to be taken on and off with ease. I really like it. Price is about $260 plus the specific mounting hardware.
Thanks for the info guys. Currently I have that little 10" sportster defector on there... And it only deflects the wind off my cell phone lol. I'm hoping the one I ordered does a better job but I'm not sure. It's 18x16 and I'm about 6ft tall

·
Registered
369 Posts
My custom built lowers in the mods section will work with the light bar. Even for their size they work even better than bigger and longer ones. I did a boat load of research and testing sizes and made a ton of prototypes and mock-ups. Template for the deflectors is in my Sig Line.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts