Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki has put a safety recall notification for all 2005 & certain 2006 VL800/T/Z Boulevard C50/T & VZ800 Boulevard M50 motorcycles dealing
with IGNITION SWITCH INSPECTION/REPLACEMENT. Apparently the ignition switch wiring harness may have been improperly routed at the time of production causing a short circuit which may cause the engine to stall. Suzuki says 'if the engine stalls you may not be able to restart it."
SUZUKI STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU DO NOT RIDE YOUR AFFECTED 2005 OR 2006 MOTORCYCLE UNTIL THE IGNITION SWITCH INSPECTION / REPLACEMENT HAS BEEN COMPLETED. Contact your local dealer to make an appointment.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
THanks for the info, there are several posts abou this already. Most people are in and out of the dealer in less than an hour.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Taking mine in tomorrow a.m. first thing finally. I contacted my dealership, informed him of the recall (news to him), and without hesitation he said, "bring it in, we'll check it out". Good man. See, there ARE advantages to going with a small (ok, tiny) dealership. You just can't beat the customer service...

Cheers!

·
Administrator
51,647 Posts
Changed My appt to Thurs AM........it's gonna be a Doozy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts