Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know what size this pin is? It's off the front caliper and it was damaged when doing my brakes last night. My local dealer doesn't stock it (I mean why would they? I would think you would have a few floating around whenever you do a brake job :roll: ) and I was gonna head over to Home Depot and pick one up. On this diagram it is listed as part #8.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
it's a cotter pin. take what you have of the old one w/you and try to match it that way...

oh...or did you 'misplace' it upon removal? 8)

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Just go down to your local dealer and give them a chance at winning your business. I'm sure they'd love to have it. Wait, wrong thread. 8)

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the old one got bent to holy $hit!!! Who ever put it on the first time made damn sure that puppy was never coming off. I went to Lowes last night but couldn't find one small enough. I was just hoping someone would know the size to eliminate the guess work.
wehrd1 said:
it's a cotter pin. take what you have of the old one w/you and try to match it that way...

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already called him. No stock. That was my first call though.
TNrookie said:
Just go down to your local dealer and give them a chance at winning your business. I'm sure they'd love to have it. Wait, wrong thread. 8)

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
basshole said:
No the old one got bent to holy $hit!!! Who ever put it on the first time made damn sure that puppy was never coming off. I went to Lowes last night but couldn't find one small enough. I was just hoping someone would know the size to eliminate the guess work.
wehrd1 said:

you may actually want to try an agricultural dealership, ie: john deere or IH..esp. if they carry lawn & garden. when I worked at one, they had a TON of tiny cotter pins in stock. a tractor is held 2gether w/those suckers :wink:

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummmm....remember where I live Colleen. :roll: :lol: :lol:
wehrd1 said:
basshole said:
wehrd1 said:

you may actually want to try an agricultural dealership, ie: john deere or IH..esp. if they carry lawn & garden. when I worked at one, they had a TON of tiny cotter pins in stock. a tractor is held 2gether w/those suckers :wink:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Try an ACE Hardware or an auto parts store.

·
Registered
233 Posts
sorry don't know the exact size, but try Tractor Supply. can't cost much. just get one of each size close to what you thing it is. the extras come in handy for all kinds of stuff

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They gotta be smaller than that. I actually had that size and it was too big.
jimKo said:

Here BH...take a couple I got lots of different sizes in the collection.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not one of those close to me. I'll hit Home Depot at lunch and if that doesn't work I'll go to True Value on the way home.
jimKo said:
Wull get up to HF and buy that little kit of them they sell in the hardware section...

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dammit!!! That the smartest thing I heard of yet!!! :lol: :lol: Hell if I was actually logging some quality boat time I'd a thought of that all by myself! :lol:
sixpack said:
can't you just bend a fishin hook to fit?

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a pack of 2 3/16" clips at Home Depot during lunch

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
was going to suggest a chandlery, 'cause i know pins of that type are sometimes used on sailing dinghies, but if you're sorted then i'll just quietly back on out.. :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k

1 - 20 of 26 Posts