Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks real good I would like to ask you a question I swapped out the front forks and wheel off a Kimco venox onto a Kawasaki Vulcan so I would have the mag wheels but now I can’t figure out why I can’t get the front brake to work quite properly it will stop but it doesn’t stop as good as it should I’m thinking maybe that I don’t have the caliper lined up properly what are your thoughts on the subject i’m still using the Vulcan master cylinder but the complete Kimco caliper on the wheel could it be as simple as I need to put the Kimco master cylinder on with the Kimco caliper would appreciate any thoughts on the subject thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Correct, the Kymco's master cylinder has the volume for 2 pistons and not 1 like on the Vulcan 500. I assume EN500 as you said spokes, although the 900 Classic is spoked as well but a dual piston caliper like the Venox. The pistons on the 900 Vulcans would have greater volume (as they are large) than the Kymco. So in short you need a different master. I would bet that the Vulcan 900 series master might swap over although the bars are most likely 1 inch and not 7/8ths like the EN500.
Will put the kymco master on it as I am selling it with all spairs . That does make sense I never thought to Check the number of pistons than you for the info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts