Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
summer coming to an end and I have this problem which makes my bike unreliable. The 10 amp fuse keeps blowing in my ignition circuit. When that happens the bike is running then stops. The starter wont turn the eng. So I looked at the starter relay. The relay looks good. I unplug the relay as it turns out it powers the fuse box wish means no power to any thing. I jumped the relay and the eng turned over but did not start When the eng is cold I can replace the fuse the bike starts. Help me please

·
Registered
670 Posts
Have you checked your wiring at the ignition switch? I went over last night to help a buddy with his bike. He had pinched a wire and it was grounding itself out on the handlebar and it would, in turn, blow the fuse.

Reactions: Lem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me give you some history. The bike was owed by a woman who bought the bike bran new. she got sick and parked the bike for 14 years it now has only 4000 miles on the bike. 2000 I put on myself. It never seen water other than one wash.

·
Registered
670 Posts
do you have running lights on it that are always on? It could be over loading that 10 amp fuse. especially if it's hot.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My only thought is wiring then. Do your best to trace the wires all the way to the fuse relay.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Lem.....have you taken a look at the wiring under the left side of the fake tank, there is a main connector there that had a history of a melt down, also take a look at the connections under the lower left side covers where your RR and stator is located..also look into the Suzuki 1500 LC forum on Delphi..

try this insert a new fuse, start bike at night.see if you can see a spark.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont give up

There must be some one out there that at least might have a idear on how to find this problem. Im thinking puting a large fuse in hopes that i may force the problem to reveal its self.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lem.....have you taken a look at the wiring under the left side of the fake tank, there is a main connector there that had a history of a melt down, also take a look at the connections under the lower left side covers where your RR and stator is located..also look into the Suzuki 1500 LC forum on Delphi..

try this insert a new fuse, start bike at night.see if you can see a spark.....
I have the bike apart now and inspected every plug. Every one looked clean and new. I had the bike running wiggled every wire could not cause a short. Will look again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.