Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it was the first really nice Sunday of the spring. Sunny and 70. Around here, that means everyone who has a bike, trike, convertible, or any other "special vehicle" hits the streets. Usually, it is one of the most dangerours days of the year to ride. Besides, I ride almost every day, year round, so missing one day is no big loss. Instead I decided to get caught up on some long overdue wrenching and practice my 12oz. curls. I also did the rear peg swap, got lazy, no photo.

My new frogskin, Thanks FrogHunter!:

IPass relocated. Had one of those holders that attaches to the handle bar. Didn't last long, this is better. I swap this unit from the cage to the bike and back again fairly frequently. This is the way I like it, quick and easy. Used the same velcro the tollway authority uses. (Available at Ace Hardware)
Front View:

Windshield Removed:

Top View:

For fellow Patriot Guard Riders: My big flag mount, very sturdy. Assembles, or disassembles in less than 5 minutes.:
Materials Used:

Attached to bike, no holes drilled in my OEM rack.: I fly smaller American and POW flags always. When I go on a mission, I change out the small American flag for a PGR flag. So while riding on a mission I have small PGR, small POW, and large stars and stripes. Have gotten many compliments on this set-up.

The Hot set-up. I fold the flag and keep it in my saddlebag while traveling to and from missions. No sense tempting the wind gods. Have ridden on the highway with this flag going more than 70 with no problems. I have the clips and rings installed to prevent the flag from wrapping around the staff, very effective.

If you are interested in more details on any of these mods, I have additional photos available. Just drop me a PM and I will send them, and more details along.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
It rained off and on all day, but I had a pass today so I went in the garage and:

On my Airhead:
Changed Fork oil and checked forks and steering head bearings
CHanged Oil and Tranny Oil
Checked points and plugs

On MY Oilhead
Adjusted Valves
Changed Oil, Tranny Oil, and Final gear oil
New air cleaner and fuel filter.

Then I got a sidecar rig ride in! I didn't have to use my AK, I guess it was a pretty good day.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr E,
Me thinks you forgot the most important activity while wrenching, 12oz curls!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
gawd, i had the LAMEST freakin' day yesterday! 7hrs of working from home, grocery shopping, didn't have a single beer, and didn't even smoke anything on 4/20, 'cause it was 1am an 4/21 by the time i'd finished everything i needed to for today! :brick:

hopefully i can at least get some sleep tonight..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
that's not a lullaby! :lol:

jeez, i'm a jerk! i was so torqued about the crappy sunday that i completely forgot to say NICE JOB on the speedpass mount and the flagpole! very creative!

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Looks like a simple easy flag set-up. How well does it work for standing in a flagline formatiomn?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Doc,
We don't use these flags in our flag line. Sometimes we will line the bikes up behind us. In that case, mine stands proud! It stands straight up, and doesn't touch the ground. My state PGR bought several hundred flags that we mounted to PVC pipes with wire ties. The pipe is two 4 foot sections with a coupling nut in the middle. We unscrew the pipes, wrag the flag around both, then toss in the back of one of our support cages, usually a pick-up with a cap. Works great, very fast deployment and dissasembly. Hope this helps, easier to do than to explain. How do you do your flag lines?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts