Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 05 C50t that keeps wanting run extremely rich on fuel. Kind like pulling the choke when it's warmed up. No modes to the engine. It doesn't show any codes on the dash. It will come and go before I can find the cause. This has been going on for three or four years.
At one time it started blowing fuses when I went to start it. But it has not done it in awhile.
Any ideas?
I just changed the timing chains but it hasn't made a differance.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I have a bone stock 05 C50t that keeps wanting run extremely rich on fuel. Kind like pulling the choke when it's warmed up. No modes to the engine. It doesn't show any codes on the dash. It will come and go before I can find the cause. This has been going on for three or four years.
At one time it started blowing fuses when I went to start it. But it has not done it in awhile.
Any ideas?
I just changed the timing chains but it hasn't made a differance.
I'd have a look at the secondary throttle valve, its linkage and sensor.

It is the plate that's kinda like a choke on top of the throttle body. Some sensor cleaner on the linkage on the left side might free up a pivot lever that sometimes sticks on the older FI units. (it did on mine anyway.....)

When it does stick partly closed, it restricts air but not fuel and runs rich as all get out...

There might be a intermittent problem with the sensor on the right side of the TB but that is less likely seeing that there is no codes.

It's a place to start and not to say that it couldn't be something else as well.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I had the sensor replaced on bike 1 yr ago due to richness and it still does it

Can the heat range on the plugs be changed ?
If the link on the left side sticks, the motor won't move the butterfly valve. Changing the sensor won't help.

There is another sensor adjustment that may help. That is the throttle position sensor on the lower throttle shaft.

The check/adjustment requires accessing the diagnostic connector and reading the new display in the odometer window.

The TP Sensor can be out of adjustment without throwing a code.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I changed the timing chains because the old ones were stretched...almost a whole link!!!... . Someone else suggested the temp sensor. I will try and pull the tank and clean up the secondaries and see if that helps. Where is the temp sensor located?
Thanks for the help.
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.