Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah baby, a 40 dollar carb kit, valve adjustment, and new quiet mufflers and the wife's trike is back to running fine. :scoot: So much for the thieving dealer telling me the motor needed a complete overhaul. :mad:
I went back to square one and decided that once I got non gutted qiet mufflers, I'd go back to all the original jets and carb adjustments, new vacuum lines, new fuel lines, cleaned tank, etc.
Part that pisses me off the most is that dealership lying to me. Said the bike had 125 compression reading and was toast, and a $3000 overhaul would fix it. :surprise: When I got it home and ran a comp check, I got 195 out of each cyl and that's with the valves out of adjustment. Seems you can't trust anybody these days.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
It's a never ending domino effect of greed out there.

Every man for themselves!!!!

Good on you for saving a fortune.
I love this shlt!

·
Super Moderator
21,093 Posts
at least you know now to find somewhere else to go if you need to have someone deal with a problem you can't do...hit and miss w/service places...I've been lucky with mine.

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
Glad you decided to double check and did it yourself. Stealers don't realize that Trust is earned. Bet they won't see you again, unless you ride it in to rub their nose in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts