Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & girls,
I'm in the middle of installing Tsukayu Stong bags. After much worry got the first one installed. ( Looks Great ) But I can't get the second bag marked to drill. Have the brackets, both sets, taped to the 1st bag. Tried lining them up against a straight surface. The problem, I think (and therein may lie the problem ), is there isn't a straight side on these bags. Therefore it's hard to get them paralell or perpen.. whatever my son called it !
So any thoughts, ideas, ect you can come up with would be great. I'm hoping some bright idea will come to me while sleeping. If not I may see how far I can throw them tom.
Thanks Robyn

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Would it be possible to set them on the floor parallel (sisd-by-side) to each other and mark the holes on the second bag through the holes on the drilled bag?
I'm assuming that the drilled bag is the one that sits over the pipes (right side). The right bag should sit about an inch above the pipes.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Like above I hope you have the right side one already done.Take the lids off . Put the bags on the floor in a corner withe the front against the right hand wall. Now put 2 straight edges across the bags where the lids should be. They should now be square and perpendicular to each other. Mark your holes and drill.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I yet to put mine on ( waiting for time and $$ to paint whole bike). Bookmarking this thread

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I looked at the instructions (being that I do have them on order, and it seems I'll have plenty of time to study the document :D ), and I must admit I thought the whole "mark and drill holes on RH side, then attach the bracket, and then tape the LH bracket to the RH bracket" thing was a bit goofy. Seems like the "align them side by side and mark the LH bag using the RH holes" seems a bit easier and accomplishes the same purpose. But then again, I've found that a lot of things make much more sense when it's right in front of you.

Shooter...I'm with you on putting them into a corner. But what do you mean by "put 2 straight edges across the bags where the lids would be"??

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
TNrookie said:
I looked at the instructions (being that I do have them on order, and it seems I'll have plenty of time to study the document :D ), and I must admit I thought the whole "mark and drill holes on RH side, then attach the bracket, and then tape the LH bracket to the RH bracket" thing was a bit goofy. Seems like the "align them side by side and mark the LH bag using the RH holes" seems a bit easier and accomplishes the same purpose. But then again, I've found that a lot of things make much more sense when it's right in front of you.

Shooter...I'm with you on putting them into a corner. But what do you mean by "put 2 straight edges across the bags where the lids would be"??

Remove the lids first. And take the brackets off. I have never seen the instructions that come w/the bags. But the brackets off would be easier than fighting them and you can't mark through the existing holes w/the brackets in them.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
So basically, position the bags on the RH side where you want them, and get the holes drilled using whatever method you see fit. Then take the bags and put them side x side and get them as "square" as possible (as you mentioned, a corner would obviously be a good way since you'd have a 90* angle to work with). Then mark the LH bag using the holes in the RH bag. Seems pretty straightforward and borderline foolproof doing it that way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts