Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting different opinions from everyone I speak to about this. I am planning to put some V and H Straightshots on next season....with a power commander. Do I need to have the bike dyno'd or does the commnder come with the proper settings for each bike? One dealer here says I have to have the bike dyno'd...another says it isn't necessary....
Your opinions???

·
Super Moderator
56,242 Posts
I don't know about that but if you see a white Mini Cooper cruizin around your town that has a license plate that says 4Bangor on it can you tell Pete to call Bob in Bangor? Thanks. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You only need the bike dynoed if you want a custom map just for yourself for your bike only. They will dyno it and run it through a bunch of runs and take a bunch of readings from the exhaust and basically set up a custom map for your bike. When you receive your Power Commander for your bike you hook it up to your computer and install 1 of the 4 maps that will come with it or you go to there web site and download them into your computer and then transfer the one you want into the power commander. Right now there are 4 maps for the C50. 1. a map that is all 0's so you can make one up yourself, you wouldn't use that one. 2. a map for stock C50's. 3. a map for C50's with V&H Straightshots with the baffles in and stock or aftermarket air cleaner. and 4. same as #3 except with the baffles out. You would probably use #3. You put your pipes on and then install your power commander with the map you downloaded into it, that's all. And actually you probably won't need the power commander if your just putting pipes on. I didn't need it when I changed my pipes I put it on when I installed the hypercharger.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with fjm3rd. I just installed V & H Straightshots on the weekend. I had the bike out all day today and it ran great. No back firing, no popping, no hesitation - just great sound. I'm not saying the fuel processors are not worth while. They do improve performance because they are designed to optimize performance based on your set-up. But, I think that they really only become necessary once you install an aftermarket air filter with pipes. You might want to consider my approach. I installed the pipes and tested out. If I found it ran like crap or didn't sound right I would add on the fuel processor. For now I will run without. When I go aftermarket on the air filter, etc. I will add it for sure. Just my .02

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many thanx........

exactly what I needed to know.

fjm3rd said:
You only need the bike dynoed if you want a custom map just for yourself for your bike only. They will dyno it and run it through a bunch of runs and take a bunch of readings from the exhaust and basically set up a custom map for your bike. When you receive your Power Commander for your bike you hook it up to your computer and install 1 of the 4 maps that will come with it or you go to there web site and download them into your computer and then transfer the one you want into the power commander. Right now there are 4 maps for the C50. 1. a map that is all 0's so you can make one up yourself, you wouldn't use that one. 2. a map for stock C50's. 3. a map for C50's with V&H Straightshots with the baffles in and stock or aftermarket air cleaner. and 4. same as #3 except with the baffles out. You would probably use #3. You put your pipes on and then install your power commander with the map you downloaded into it, that's all. And actually you probably won't need the power commander if your just putting pipes on. I didn't need it when I changed my pipes I put it on when I installed the hypercharger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u r right.....

I was talking about the dyno testing.

66ChopperDaddy said:
I think when they said " Dyno'd " they were prob. thinking Dynojet ( as in jet kit )-
Since yours is fuel injected it is really not necessary- the Dyno kit is for the older Vols with the carbs..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts