Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I should have mine on Wenesday 10/12. I have a C50 with V&H Straigt shots with baffles in, A power comander installed and a thunder Air Kit on the way. I called Big City Thunder up and I guess I talked to the head Guru there. I expressed my concerns about p o ing the neighbors. He said at idle and running easy up through the gears that they produce a pleasing rumble, but if you get on it hard they will come alive and scream at you. He told me to follow this procedure to see if I needed to tweak the Power Commander . Go to a deserted location were I could open the bike up real good. in first gear get it rolling at about 5 mph then let it rip as hard as I dare near red line shifting into 2 and then 3rd. If it pulls hard in every gear with no flat spots then leave the PC along. If not then the PC needs tweaking. He absolutley told me I will feel the differance, this is after I had already ordered them. He asked me to spread the word around about them. Time will tell.

PS I told him I was going to Biketoberfest in Daytona and he threw in a Big City Thunder Tee Shirt if I promised to wear it there. I did !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Without the baffles the sound even to me, was a tad objectionable

The Thunder Monster baffles are incredible, Pleasant rumble at idle and running up easy threw the gears. That would have been payback for me. However, on the road at cruising speed 55-60 the sharp staccato sound that I did not care for with the V&H baffles has been changed to a powerful lower muted rumble that I love !

Now let's talk about performance . When I got the thunder masters I said to my self how could something so small and simple looking increase hp as claimed ? It does ! Across the whole power band from a rolling 1st gear start, to a 5-4 downshift at 60 or just jumping on the throttle in 5 Th at 60. the difference is there ! Keep in mind that I have a power Commander on the bike, but I did not change the settings. My Thunder Air Kit should be in next week, now I question if I need it. Oh he*LL yes I do ! Will post results.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any financial interest nor associated in any way with BigCity Thunder.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can the Thunder Monsters be installed with the original straightshot baffles in or must they be removed? How do the Thunder Monsters install? do you use the screw and hole from the stock straightshots baffles?

·
Registered
15 Posts
SukiRider said:
Can the Thunder Monsters be installed with the original straightshot baffles in or must they be removed? How do the Thunder Monsters install? do you use the screw and hole from the stock straightshots baffles?
In with the new out with the old. Same bolt hole, If you have the V&H tips you remove them first and reinstall after installing the Thunder Monsters

1 - 13 of 13 Posts