Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going on a 9 month deployment, the bike will be stored in the garage. Should I get a trickle charger or disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Depends. If you don't need it the instant you get back, I'd disconnect and remove the battery and put it on a charger when you get back.
Thank you for your service, by the way.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would raise the wheels off the ground, and give the battery to a friend to charge up now and again.

·
Super Moderator
23,931 Posts
and throw some stabil in the gas tank.

·
Registered
20,698 Posts
Prep for long term storage:

Drain and fill the tank with fresh gas. Use a fuel stabilizer like Stabil or Startron to keep the gas from entering phase separation and absorbing atmospheric moisture.
Change the oil, regardless of how fresh it is.
Inflate the tires to the MAXIMUM psi as printed on the sidewalls.
Remove the spark plugs and pour in a teaspoon of Marvel Mystery Oil to protect the upper cylinder.
Remove the battery from the bike and put it on a trickle charger in a fire-proof box.

Reactions: duglaura

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
John Skrap nailed it as always... Your location? 4th ID?
We need a forward APO so I/ us can send a care package while you're in the sand box... Been there, done that, done it several times... Be careful, don't be complacent, and return home safely..Thanks for doing the job!!!! We do appreciate what you do...Best, D.

Reactions: beezer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.