Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is this, I am.going to store my bike for the winter on the stand I use for servicing. My thoughts are that it will keep pressure off of the tires and shocks which I think would be a benefit.
Is this a good or bad idea?
Thoughts?
Concerns?
Thanks.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
It's a great idea. Keeping the tires off the ground during storage, keeps them from "flat spotting" . I thought you saying you're storing it on the kick stand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The avoiding flat spots i get but is there any concerns with the shocks being fully extended for 4 or 5 months?

·
Super Moderator
60,457 Posts
No, that's fine. There's no downward pressure on the shocks which wears them out. Make sure to strap your bike to the stand so it doesn't fall over. I've seen horror stories.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
I store mine on a stand and haven't had any problems. I guess you could figure a way to compress the shocks before you raised it, like with ratchet straps from the rims to the seat and handle bars. But I don't see a need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So my question is this, I am.going to store my bike for the winter on the stand I use for servicing. My thoughts are that it will keep pressure off of the tires and shocks which I think would be a benefit.
Is this a good or bad idea?
Thoughts?
Concerns?
Thanks.
Good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts