Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the bolt size for the 2 mounting holes to mount the stock seat to the fender? My 05 C50 came with mustang seats, but the PO also gave me the stock ones and I'm going to put them back on. From what I understand, normally Mustang provides a bracket for mounting that utilizes those stock holes, but mine isn't mounted that way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just added the driver backrest and had to replace a broken bolt. If memory serves me right, should be two M6 x 1 bolts. The originals require an Allen wrench but I replaced with standard hex head to use my socket! Careful as they will break under torque (sheared mine off in the hole)! Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not quite sure I understood what you're saying here, but if you're saying you are taking the mustang seat off and putting the stock seat on, I would be very interested in taking the mustang seat off your hands!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite sure I understood what you're saying here, but if you're saying you are taking the mustang seat off and putting the stock seat on, I would be very interested in taking the mustang seat off your hands!
Noted! I'll load some pics this week, almost have everything removed as I'll be posting a couple other things also but I'll shoot you a PM on the seat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Noted! I'll load some pics this week, almost have everything removed as I'll be posting a couple other things also but I'll shoot you a PM on the seat

Sweet. I need a mustang because my current situation only lets me go about 50 miles before it feels like white-hot irons all over my back. Unfortunately, trying to save for college comes before a $700 saddle :crying:

Now a used one, however.... :moneyeyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts